Chapter TwentySeven.

Deep within the mind, there is a place where nothing can be seen or heard. Opposites become one, good and bad, right and wrong seethe to exist. There is simply, nothing.

Physically, she had been unconscious for two days, but mentally she had lived a life time. Fighting her demons, facing her fears and living her nightmares, anything she could, to be able to reach her inner centre.

Now, she was at peace. Falling into nothing, feeling nothing. Tired from the fighting, she was finally able to rest.. that is, until a voice spoke into the darkness.

For over a hundred years I lay in dormant and you never attempted to find me.. now you seek out my power, why?

He's too strong, I need more power..

You are not yet strong enough to control my power.. if you summon me now, it will take your life.

I know what I must do.

..Then so be it. The call to summon me is-

“Any changes?”

“I'm afraid not.. although Ceraza is stable, she has still to wake up.”

“And Katsumi?”

Kurama shook his head with sad eyes to the short demon in front of him. Slight hurt ran through Hieis chest as he closed his eyes for a moment.

“I'm heading back to Cerazas room.”

“Hiei, you've been in there for two days, you need to rest.”

“I'm fine.” He began to walk to her room, past Kurama.

“Nothing will happen to her while she stays here, at least eat something-”

“I'm not leaving until she wakes up.” Hieis voice was firm and his glare was deadly. Kurama simply sighed and let him be on his way as he made his own way to Katsumis room.

As Hiei entered the room silently, he immediately noticed the discomfort look on Cerazas face as beads of sweat fell from her forehead. Her eye brows pushed together and her breath rigid.

“Onna?” No reply.

Hiei walked to her bed side and placed his hand on her forehead, he quickly withdrew it.

'She's burning up..'

Ceraza began to fidget in her sleep, her head moving from one side to the other with the occasional whimper escaping her lips.

“Onna wake up..” Hieis hands where placed on her shoulders as he attempted to wake her, but still no reply. And so he did the only thing he could, he entered her mind.

'Why am I back here?.. I have to get out.'

Even though Ceraza knew she was in a dream, she couldn't wake herself up from this nightmare. She was back in the Asakura dungeons, chained to the wall in the room she knew so well. The familiar smell of rust and damp filled her nose, the sound of dripping water filled her ears and the dark room filled her sight.

“Someone, let me out of here!” She called out, but no one replied. She was alone as she always had been. No one would come for her, she was a monster. She could only destroy. Panic filled her body.

“Hello? Please! Someone?!”

Again, everything was silent. Tears began to slide down her face as she panted, why couldn't she wake up? She pulled at the chains as hard as she could, but they didn't move. She tried again and again, until her wrists and ankles were sore and bleeding, but the chains still did not move.