8. Nothing but the truth

Written 2015 by VeGirl ©

"Ouch!" I rubbed my arm.

"You claim that this is a dream, I'm just making a statement." He raised one brow and those deep green eyes glistened dangerously. The long blond hair had escaped the bun in the nape of his neck, and swayed as he wagged his head to emphasise his statement.

Despite the pinch I couldn't help but to react to his touch and that charming smile; he was absolutely gorgeous and I was painfully aware that I was more than double his age despite that I now looked in my twenties as him. That plunged my mood.

I kept rubbing my arm. "Thank you for that." I made great effort to not snarl.

"My pleasure," he said in a playfully flirtatious tone and inclined his head respectfully. It felt sarcastic.

I took a calming breath and fought the turmoil in my mind. Surely this couldn't be true, this must be a dream that I would wake up from shortly. On the other hand... this was definitely a change from my life, perhaps I could just play along?

This decision made a physical mark on my feature and for Ty my turning point was clear even though my actual conclusion was hidden. His eyes narrowed a fraction while I held my attention on anything but him.

"So, enlighten me," I challenged with a slightly feign smile and the moment I noticed his eyes, my heart did a double thump. "Please," I added in an attempt to sound polite.

His face split up in a stunning smile. "Are you ready to accept this as the truth?"

"Yes, I'm gullible."

He laughed softly and it was enthralling. I eased into it as well.

"When you said something about not letting Muirneal take me, you implied that had happened before, didn't you?"

He looked uneasy. "I don't want to talk about it."

I simply raised my brows. Why had he said anything in the first place, I wondered? "What do you want to talk about?"

"You've already noticed something slightly off with the time continuance, haven't you?"

That I had not expected. Was he really talking about my rejuvenation? "Err... yes." This was the first thing that had puzzled me and I wanted to know the truth about it.

"There is a place called Tir na nÓg, which means something like... the land of youth." He sighed.

That was something I had heard before and I shook my head slowly. "No, that's just a myth, and it's the myths of Ireland. If I recall we're in Scotland now...?" My tone of voice might have been a little condescending, but he was not going to make a fool out of me.

"...no... we're in Andlang." He did a sweeping motion around us and I was once again seduced by the beauty of this place. "This isn't Scotland." The corner of his mouth curled upwards in a smirk.

I had to admit he had a point.

"How old are you?"

I flinched from the unexpected question. "How old are you?" I threw back at his face before I regretted my harsh tone. "You don't ask about a lady's age." I was still defensive, but he kept looking expectantly at me throughout my brief paus. I sighed defeated. "I'm sixty eight." I murmured bitterly.

"I'm fourhundred and eighty seven."

I barked out a boisterous laughter. "Yeah right! Was this an attempt to make me feel younger?" I asked mirthfully, but he looked dead serious at me. My brows raised more than slightly before I changed again and glared at him. "Couldn't you at least gone for something plausible?"