36. Threesome

Written 2016 by VeGirl ©

After the hot dream about Ty, I was somewhat edgy around him, imagining him studying me while he thought I didn't see. From the side line I was ogling him, hopefully in what looked like an innocent motion.

Carefully I sat down on the side of the bed, doing my best to eavesdrop on the elvish conversation. Firstly I was still amazed by the perception of the two of them, but after a while the melodic conversation attracted me more.

"Francine." Ty suddenly looked up at me. "Come and take a look at this will you?" He held out a hand for me to take.

With a need to shake of the nervousness I walked towards him and was surprised as he took my hand and sat me down in his lap. Surely if we squeezed together, we would fit on this sofa all three?

"Look at this." Quin pointed in the notebook at some of the swirly words there. "It says Elendriel."

"Okay..." I added a questionmark at the end of that short sentence. "I don't understand what that means."

"It's not a word, it's a name," Quindlen explained.

"It might be your father's name, we think," Ty added and squeezed the hand placed around my hip. "We're not sure, but that name has popped up more than once."

My heart leaped from more reason than one. "My father?"

"Well, she doesn't say it specifically, but if we're reading between the lines it might as well be."

"His name is coming up several times at the end of this book, and it sounds like she's trying to figure out some kind of mystery."

You and me both, I thought and simply kept my attention on the book.

"Are you okay?" Ty's hand slid upwards along my side, efficiently snapping me out of the contemplation.

"Sure." I flashed him a smile, but felt nervous. "So you think this Eirian girl can help us?"

"Well..." Quin was studying us with lines on his forehead which he quickly tried to mask. "She's the one shot that we've got. I don't think the seelie court has any info," he added in an attempt to joke.

I smiled in agreement. "So now we are about to call my doppelgänger over?" I was tense. "I've heared that doppelgängers live to make their look-alikes life's miserable." I couldn't remember where I had heard it, but the more I thought of it the more it bothered me. "But if I'm born after Eirian, aren't I the doppelgänger; the one that wants to ruin her life?" I sighed, wondering what it would be like to stand in front of my mirror image in 3d.

"Do you?" Ty looked bemused, but simply looking at the man whose lap I was still sitting in was unnerving.

"Shouldn't think so," I exclaimed, wondering why my feelings were flying off the handle. I had to get a grip, but anywhere Ty's hand was, my skin prickled in the most enjoyable way. Memories from the previous night returned to me and I shivered.

"Are you cold?" His hands were rubbing my arms for warmth, a motion that just sent chills along my spine.

"A little, thank you." I smiled and got the same in return.

"I'll get the fire started to get us something to eat tonight." Quin was already off the sofa and heading to the firepit despite his magical ability to fix it so much easier. He was giving us room, I deduced and felt bad for him.

"Were not calling her; sorry, summoning her tonight?"

"I think we should get a good night sleep first, to be clear-headed."