29. Francine Eleonora

Written 2015 by VeGirl ©

Three pair of eyes were sharper than two pair and together we sat with books strewn around us in my little cottage the very next day. We had gone through the weird looking hideaway in my storage and found yet another hidden book; a grimoire. This type of instruction-book in magic was something I hoped that I would be able to use later on and read it urgently.

Surprisingly it seemed to contain quite easy spells and I was a tad disappointed actually.

The handwritten notebook was something the men were much more interested in and they were especially eager to dive into that.

"Were you able to interpret anything else out of the notebook?" I was curious but totally unable to read the swirly however beautiful handwriting.

"Not really." Quin looked apologetic. "Not more than we already know." He stretched his neck and I could hear it crack.

"What about you?" I asked Ty as he bent his head and read in the notebook before him. "Pedin i phith in aniron, a nin û-cheniathog."

"Ty!"

I didn't understand what the scolding was about, but that it was a rebuke; that was plain to see from the grim expression on Quin's face.

"What?" Ty shrugged his shoulders matter of factly and started to talk back in elvish. It was plain to see that they had a disagreement; the only thing that was little unclear was the topic. For a while I stood there watching these two stunningly handsome men sitting on my floor arguing like five-year-olds.

"Oi!"

Both men stopped immediately and looked up at me.

"If you would be so kind to stop arguing, that would be brilliant." I smiled widely however strained before I walked out of there. It had been exhilarating to get Ty back, but right now I got the idea that I was the main topic, and not just because we needed to gather more info on... well... me. We had all been under quite a lot strain during these last couple of weeks. We were tired and had not come to enough conclusions when it came to my ancestral mystery.

Frustration took me past the kitchen and out in the back yard.

The summer was painfully enough heading towards fall and everything was ripe in my garden. Gardenwise this was the absolute favourite season, my Worchester Pearmain glistened red on the tree and I couldn't resist picking one and biting into the ripe apple. The slight strawberry taste distracted me momentarily and I stood there squinting towards the sun.

"Francine?"

I looked up at Ty who stood awkwardly by my door. "We have been going through a hard time here." He took the few steps closer. "I'm sorry if I was being rude."

The apology was something I hadn't expected, but felt good. "We are all out of our elements here and it has put strain on all of us."

"Mysteries are seldom easy to figure out. If they were, they wouldn't be called mysteries." Quin smiled at me from behind Ty in the crammed doorway.

"I guess you're right about that."

They reacted as if I was disappointed in them, when I instead was mostly tired and ready to give up and accept the ancestors I thought was mine throughout my childhood. I sighed, knowing that it was not sustainable.

"Are you hungry?"

Once again I was snapped from my brooding and I wiggled my apple before I took another bite. Only the core remained and I threw it beyond the stone fence.