33. The plunge

Written 2015 by VeGirl ©

Dusk had fallen as we arrived, adding a magical ambiance to the already magical surrounding.

"Is that the sun?"

Ty and Quin stopped and followed my gaze up at the huge orange orb over us. "No, that's the moon."

"But it's red!" They looked at me as if that was perfectly natural. "It wasn't red last time I was here," I muttered. My facial expression surely expressed the defiance that surged through me... and then I remembered that this was a part of this mythical place I had never been to. Another realm.

"It's just a moon eclipse."

I furrowed my brows. Eclipse, huh? I had heard about sun eclipses, but this looked very different. I refrained from speaking more about it, not ready to reveal anymore of my ignorance.

We were heading towards what looked like a town with twinkling lights and I was intrigued. "Is this where we're heading?" I was aware that it was a totally unnecessary question, but it slipped out anyway.

"We're spending the night here, yes." Ty smiled and my pulse immediately raced.

"Okay." I felt unnaturally breathless and my cheeks were getting heated. Nothing more needed to be said and my fluttering heart was one of the reasons I kept my conversation to the limit. It was as if I couldn't really keep my emotions in check.

The town was easier to get to than I had initially thought and it wasn't long until we entered some kind of accommodation facility. Once again I wondered when they would book me a room for myself; I wasn't ready for that. It wasn't simply greed that made me want to stick close to both of them, even if that may have played part in it. This was my great adventure, the one I had longed for and I wanted to get the full ride.

"We would like a double room please." Ty was the one handling the reservation just as he had handled the trip. He was basically our travel agent.

"Certainly sir." The concierge didn't reveal any strange feeling of our triad. "Please accept the complimentary bottle of champagne."

"I kindly decline," Ty said with a smile and retrieved the key. Why not take the bottle, I wondered but refrained from objecting.

The room was like most room I had visited in hotels around the world; not the biggest, but far from the smallest. There was only one double bed and it was a little on the narrow side to host three people.

"Quin?" Ty stood on one side of it and Quin walked over to the other. He said some foreign words as they both bent down and stretched the bed wider. "That's more like it."

My mouth fell open. "How did you do that?"

He smiled. "Magic is easily accessed here."

* * *

That night I woke up several times; tightly nested in one or the other's arms. I couldn't help but to recall the conversation earlier about my female attributes and my imagination went into overdrive. I did my best to write the nightly embraces off as imaginary. My heart was not the only thing that pounded and the morning shower was unusually cold.

We were back in Fae, but nothing were the same. We had spent the night just by the buzzing center of this city and I was overwhelmed by every little thing. Even though we had now spent several days and nights together I had still been a little too wound up to fall asleep easily between the two men. I was certainly attracted to both of them but was not one to stir trouble between old friends. Contemplating things like that during the silent hours of night hadn't exactly contributed to my beauty sleep.