Chapter 2

I got out my Lambo and stepped out in my flat-cladded feet. I couldn't wear heels anymore because my feet were swollen to the size of Mother Earth. I looked up at the tall building, and read the large sign.

Kingston, Inc. Nervousness hit me and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before walking into the glass building. I tried to wear something that would hide my bump, but to no avail. There was no hiding that I was pregnant. Even when I wore black, my baby bump was prominent. So I stopped hiding it.

Today, I wore a bright red spring dress that stopped just above my knees. My blonde hair was braided from one side to the other, and stopped by my neck, continuing with loose long waves that stopped just above my waist. My blue eyes were framed by my long lashes and I made sure a glowing blush rested on my cheeks. I looked really good for a pregnant lady to sum it all up.

"Excuse me. May I help you?" The receptionist asked, eyeing me warily. Her nameplate read Jessica.

"Oh, yes. I'm here to see your boss." Jessica frowned and jealousy glinted in her eyes. Whoa, there. I was not here to take Daxton away. She's obviously slept with him before.

"He's not here. You'll have to come another time." Seriously? I sighed and stepped back, rubbing my swollen belly. I came all the way here for nothing. My feet were already hurting. Jessica's eyes followed the action and they widened. "Well actually..." She trailed off when I looked at her and her eyes softened.

"Yes?" I asked hopefully. She smiled hesitantly and eyed my belly again.

"He's busy in his office, but I'm sure he can stop what he's doing." She offered and I smiled.

"Thank you so much." She led me to the elevator and pressed the button for the 30th floor. As the elevator went up, people piled on. I grew uncomfortable and I held on to the railing, my hand resting on my belly. One of the men, looked at me and recognition lit up in his eyes.

"Arielle?" He asked and my eyes widened. I took in his sandy blonde hair, hazel eyes, and familiar 6'2" frame.

"Marco?" A smile broke out on his face and he maneuvered his way over to me. He scooped me up into a bone crushing hug and I gasped for air. "Can't. Breathe." He let me go, grinning like a maniac.

"How are you, Ari?" He asked. I shrugged, adjusting my dress.

"I could be better." He nodded and then finally noticed my bump. His eyes bugged out.

"You're pregnant? When did this happen?" He wondered, scooting closer to me when another person got on the elevator.

"Five months ago, actually." I responded. Marco was Daxton's best friend and we used to be really close until Daxton broke up with me. I think he would have felt guilty hanging with his best friend's ex.

"Wow. That's-wow. Congratulations. So who's the-"

"This is my stop." I interrupted him as the elevator stopped at floor 30. I stepped out and he followed me.

"Mine too." He narrowed his eyes, noticing that I interrupted him. I didn't want to tell him because then he might tell Dax before I did and that would cause unnecessary drama.

"Can you tell me where Daxton's office is?" I asked, shifting my feet. I really needed a foot massage.

"Yeah, turn left and keep walking straight until you see a sign. Then you'll turn right and go all the way down until you reach the end. The door will be on your right." He instructed.

"Alright thanks, Marc." I turned to walk away but he grabbed my hand.

"Look, I'm sorry I haven't kept in contact with you. I miss hanging with you. You think we can meet up sometime this week?" He asked, eyes hopeful. I smiled and pulled him into a hug.