Chapter 27

"Ax, come and help me with these boxes!" I yelled from upstairs in Axel's room. We were finally moving out of Daxton's house and into the penthouse in the hotel that my family owned. When Axel was of age, everything was going to go to him. I put my hand on my hip, waiting for his pattering footsteps and when I didn't hear anything, I started to get worried. "Axel?" I called out.

I walked down the hall, looking into the rooms before walking downstairs.

"And then I was like pow!" I heard his voice faintly. "But, you can't be here. Mommy will get mad." I heard a deep voice answer Axel, but I couldn't hear it clearly enough to know who it was. "Yeah huh, Daddy! She will be really, really mad and--"

"Daxton, what are you doing here?" I asked, walking towards the two of them slowly. Axel looked nervous, as if he did something wrong. Daxton was dressed down, wearing a black shirt, black jeans, and black shoes. My heart sputtered a little bit, but I shoved away the feeling.

"I came to see my son. And get my house back." I scoffed.

"We haven't seen you in weeks and you expect me to believe that?" I said angrily. Daxton shrugged and smirked.

"I don't care what you believe, Arielle." He drawled my name out and walked towards me. I backed up a bit and he stopped, cocking his head.

"Interesting..." He trailed off, his gaze sweeping over my body.

"Well, you're in luck because we're moving out, today. You'll have your house by the end of the day. But for now, you need to leave." I ignored the lustful way he looked at me and motioned to Axel to come by me. Daxton's hand shot out and gripped Axel's arm.

"Ow, daddy that hurts!" Axel cried out and my chest tightened.

"Daxton, let him go." I said cautiously, walking towards them to get Axel from his clutches. Daxton eyed me like an animal as I came closer, with my hands stretched out.

"Why should I? I think I wanna spend some time with my son and you're not letting me."

"Stop lying!" I cried out. "Just leave us alone, Daxton, please." He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him, crushing me to his chest.

"You think I'm lying?" He growled in my ear menacingly. "I made him with you, if my memory serves me well and I get to spend as much time as I want with him."

"Not if you leave for four years!" I shouted, struggling against him. But his grip was like a vice and I whimpered when he squeezed tighter, getting angry. He let go of Axel's hand and gipped my other arm with his other hand.

"Hmmm, I think we should make another baby, right now. What do you think?" He asked, sniffing my hair.

"I'd rather die." I spit out. Daxton grinned manically and cupped the back of my neck.

"You don't know how accurate you will be...soon." With that, he crushed his lips hard against mine and I shook my head, trying to free myself. The kiss was punishable and there was nothing nice about it.

"Daddy! Let Mommy go!" Axel cried out, and I heard him kick Daxton's leg with his little feet. Daxton shoved him and and Axel fell to the ground. I pounded my fists on Daxton's chest and bit his lip.

"Fuck!" He yelped in pain and I breathed heavily, lips swollen and bruised. I ran to Axel's side, kneeling down and drawing him close.

"He hurt my arm." Axel said, whimpering. Tears slid down his face and I wiped them away. Daxton pressed his thumb to his lip and came away with blood. Fire ignited in his eyes and he turned his burning gaze to me.

"You're gonna regret that." He said darkly, and charged at me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Daxton skidded to a stop and turned around to see who said that. I sighed with relief when I saw that it was Michael.