Chapter 25

"What?! Are you serious?" I asked, alarmed. Rayna nodded, and from the look on her face, I knew she was telling the truth. She was rarely ever serious.

"Yeah, earlier today. I don't know how he found me, but he did. He didn't hurt me or anything. Just rambled about how those that sinned will pay the price soon." She shuddered at the memory. "It was a bunch of bull. I ran off afterwards."

I thought about that. Why would Sam come and visit Rayna, after all these years. All I could do was hope that he wouldn't hurt her because of something that happened a long time ago. "So, are you ready for your wedding, tomorrow?" Rayna and Marco had been engaged for two years now and tomorrow was the big day. Preparing everything had been a pain in the ass, but everything worked out beautifully.

"Truthfully, I'm so nervous! I've never been this serious about a relationship since...." She raised her eyes to the ceiling, trying to think of an answer. "I've never been this serious in a relationship! Oh my god, this is really happening." She said, panicking. "I need a drink."

I laughed and pulled her back before she could drown in her wine. "You'll be fine, Ray. And I'll be there supporting you through the whole thing." She sighed and gave me a big hug.

"Thank you so much. You know I love you, right?" She asked, kissing my cheek sloppily.

"Ew Ray!" I wiped my cheek, laughing. "Yes, I know. I love you too." She smiled and then looked at the clock.

"Shouldn't you be picking up Ax now?" I looked at my watch and gasped.

"Oh shit! Thanks for reminding me. I totally lost track of time." Then I realized I didn't have my car with me. "Can you drive me to work so I can get my car?" Ray nodded, grabbing her keys.

"Already on it. Let's go." She drove me to my job and I got in my car, driving quickly to make it on time to pick Axel up. When I got there, school was out and the kids were bustling around.

"Ax!" I yelled, waving my arms when I spotted my boy. He was chatting with Natalie rapidly, excited about something. He looked up when he heard his name and waved back. He said something to Natalie and she nodded excitedly, following him to my car.

"Hi, Mommy." Axel greeted me, kissing my cheek.

"Hi baby. Hi Natalie." Natalie smiled widely and gave me a big hug.

"Hi Ari. Can I come to your house today, please?" She asked softly, wringing her hands.

"Of course! Let me call your dad and tell him, okay?" She nodded and got in the back seat with Axel. I dialed Michael's number and sat down, closing my door.

"Yo." Was Michael's answer when he picked up the phone. I breathed a laugh.

"Hey, I'm taking Natalie to my place, okay?" I heard rustling in the background before he responded.

"Hmmm, I'll be over in a jiffy then." I could hear the teasing tone in his voice and it brought a smile to my face.

"Alright, see ya." I hung up, excited that Michael would be coming over. I drove to my house and when I got inside, I sighed, forgetting that I was packing the house up. Boxes were everywhere and it seemed like it would never get done. "You guys stay down here and play. I'll be taking a shower. Michael is on his way so don't freak out when he walks in, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy. But what if we get hungry while you're in the shower?" He asked. I shook my head. This boy was always hungry.

"Then you get a snack. But don't eat everything or you won't have anything for tomorrow." Knowing Axel, if I didn't say that, he would eat everything in this house.

"Okay!" Come on Natalie! There's this new show that came on and--" His voice got fainter as they ran towards the entertainment room. That should keep them occupied for a while. I hurried upstairs to take my shower before Michael came.

When I was done, I dried myself and wrapped a towel around my body. I wrung the water from my hair and towel dried it before stepping into my room.

"Michael!" I gasped when I saw him laying back on my bed.

"Hey--whoa." He sat up quickly, his gaze scanning my towel-clad body. "Seems like I came at the right time." He said, winking and I blushed as he stalked forward, towering over me. My breath caught when he pulled me against his wide chest. "I think I like you even better this way." His chest rumbled as he chuckled.

"Of course you do." I cracked a smile, running my hands down his chest. He pressed his lips against mine gently and my eyes closed immediately at the feeling. The kiss got more heated before I knew it, we were full on making out. He slipped his tongue in my mouth and I moaned, unbuttoning his shirt. He stopped my hands from going any further.

"You sure you wanna do this?" He asked and I smiled at how much of a gentleman he was.

"I'm one hundred percent sure, Michael. Now take off your shirt." I responded.

* * *

Michael's snores filled the room and I ran my fingers through his damp hair. I looked down at him and smiled, not regretting what just took place. Different emotions hit me at one time, and for the first time in my life, I didn't try to pick one.