Chapter 14

A month and a half passed and I'm closer to my due date. Living with Daxton is literally a pain in the ass, but since we're "engaged", we sort of have to so we can keep up appearances. Daxton went back to work a few weeks after his accident and I was left alone most of the time. I finally went to tell my parents everything that was going on and they were surprisingly supportive. But the one thing Dax and I haven't talked about were baby names.

"Ari, come on. I think you've been pushing this to the side for too long now. The baby is due in three weeks and we don't have an idea of what to name him." Daxton said, forcing me to sit down next to him on the sofa.

I sighed and sat down slowly, back aching tremendously. Being pregnant was just getting worse and worse and I was so glad that the baby was coming soon. "Okay, okay. What are you thinking?"

We went back and forth, giving suggestions, but none of them felt like the right name to name our son.

"Um, Andrew?" He suggested.

"Ew, come on your name is Daxton and you want to name your child a basic name?" I commented, rubbing my belly as the baby kicked. "Yeah, your daddy's full of it, isn't he?" I murmured softly.

"Hey, no talking crap to him about me. I don't see you coming up with anything better." He retorted, putting his arm behind me. We had grown closer than ever and were officially together, trying to mend things that happened before.

I thought for a while and one popped into my head. "What about Dale? You know, since it's a combination between my name and yours?" I offered and Daxton choked on his drink.

"Princess, that sounds like an old lady's name." He chuckled when I hit him. "How about...." He paused as he thought about it. "....Axel. It's still a combination of our names, but more masculine."

"Mmmm, but I like the name Dale. I wanna name him too." I whined, pouting. Dax groaned and swiped his face.

"Fine. Dale can be his middle name, how about that?" I smiled and nodded.

"Good enough for me. Axel Dale King. Sounds good. Do you like that?" I asked, looking up at him. He was staring at me with a slight smile on his face.

"It's perfect." He whispered and leaned down, pressing his lips hard against mine. When he pulled away, I was sorta breathless. It didn't take a lot to get me horny these days and I was always irritated that I couldn't have crazy, wild sex like we always did before. 

"Alright, alright, go to that stupid conference before I jump your bones." I pushed Daxton away and he laughed loudly. "Who has a conference at night anyway?" I grumbled, accepting Daxton's hands to pull me up.

"My dad does." Daxton shook his head at the thought. " I don't even know why he called everyone in. It's not even on the schedule for this month." He straightened his tie and I walked with him to the front door.

"It shouldn't take too long, right?" I wondered, leaning against the door. He smirked, pulling me to his chest.

"Nah, I'll be back in time to...." He leaned in a whispered in my ear. "....make you feel good." His hot breath fanned over my neck and I shivered with anticipation.

"I'll be waiting." I said, kissing him. He pulled away, winked, and walked to his car, getting in and driving off. I sighed and closed the door, missing him already. I thought about how far we've come and hoped things would only get better from here on out.

For the next two hours, I busied myself by sweeping the floors, cleaning and dusting the rooms, and even washed the little bit of dishes that littered the sink. After those exhausting jobs, I poured myself a cup of tea and sat down at the bar, wondering what was taking Daxton so long.

"He's not usually out this late." I muttered nuder my breath. Just then, my phone vibrated and I looked to see who was texting me this late at night.

Dax: Come outside. I have a surprise for you.

I smiled widely and walked to the front door, wondering what present he had for me this time. I opened the door and walked out into the dark night, eyes scanning the area for Daxton's car. I frowned when I didn't see it and walked to the side, where we parked our other cars. 

"Looking for somebody?" A gravelly voice asked from behind me. I froze, not recognizing the voice. I immediately knew it wasn't Dax that texted me.

"Where is Dax?" I asked, voice shaking a bit. The voice chuckled and I winced at how much he sounded like he needed water running down his throat.

"Somewhere you'll never find him." I moved to turn around to see the guys face, but I was struck from behind and darkness clouded my vision as I fell the the ground.