Chapter 6

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned as my head throbbed repeatedly at that annoying machine sound. My eyes opened slowly and I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the bright, white room. I looked down at my arms and saw needles stuck in them. What the.....I was in the hospital?

I turned my head and my eyes widened as I took in Daxton's figure, sitting in a chair, snoring lightly. His normally neat hair was wild and out of place, but as it fell into his face while he slept, I couldn't help but to admire how he still looked god-like.

I closed my eyes, trying to push my feelings away. I never stopped loving him, which was probably why he was able to hurt me so easily.

"You're awake!" I looked towards the door to see Rayna running towards my bed, Sam following close behind her.

I smiled weakly at her enthusiasm. "Yeah, I'm up. What happened?"

"You passed out after you took a bath. The doctors said you were severely dehydrated and lacked nutrition, or something like that." She scrunched her nose, trying to remember the medical term. But I wasn't worried about myself.

"Is...is the baby-" I was cut off mid-sentence.

"The baby is perfectly fine." Daxton's words carried to our side of the room and for the second time, I turned to look at him and he stole my breath away. He stretched and rubbed his eyes.

They were bloodshot from the lack of sleep and he ran his fingers through his already unruly hair. He walked over to my bed and I shrunk away automatically.

He noticed this and frowned, not coming any closer. I couldn't breathe when I was around him. Just then, Marco entered the room.

"Marc." I breathed, a smile breaking out across my face. I noticed Daxton freeze at my enthusiasm. Yeah, bitch. Take that.

Marco smiled at me and walked over to my bed. I struggled to sit up, but he quickly put his hands on my shoulders, stopping me.

"Take it easy, love. The doctors had to put some stuff through your IV to feed you and make sure you had enough water in your system." He explained and I slumped down, putting my hand over my belly.

"You really scared us, Ari." Rayna said quietly.

"I'm sorry. Trust me, this won't happen again." I told her, putting my hand over hers. She smiled at me and nodded.

"It better not." Daxton muttered, shoving his hands in his pockets. All heads swiveled to him and frowned.

"It's your fault she's this way in the first place." Rayna snapped. Daxton rolled his eyes.

"How is it my fault? I didn't force her to starve herself." I turned my head away, not wanting to look at him. My eyes burned, but no tears came. I was all dried out from crying for the past week.

"You're an asshole you know that?" Marco said, coming to my aid. Daxton laughed bitterly.

"Oh now you care about her? What, you think that after she has the baby, you can knock her up too?" I gasped and Marco's eyes narrowed with anger.

"Hallway, now!" He growled, walking out my room. Daxton spared one more glance at me before following Marco out the door. I sighed and Rayna looked at me, pity in her eyes.

"Ugh, don't look at me like that. I'm twenty-four. I can take care of myself." I said, absently drawing circles on my swollen belly.

"Daxton freaked out when he heard you were in the hospital, you know." My eyebrows raised.

"He did?" I asked, pressing the button on my bed to lift me up into a sitting position. I groaned as my muscles popped and adjusted myself. Rayna nodded.