Chapter 29

"Everybody down!" An unrecognizable voice yelled and everyone started screaming.

"Oh my god, what's going on?" I asked Michael, panicking. When I didn't hear a response I turned towards him, though I couldn't see him. "Michael?" Silence. Fear beat against my heart and flowed through my veins, and my first thought was to get to Axel. "Axel!" I called out, hoping I could find him.

"Don't move a muscle. If you want your kid to live, listen to my instructions." Another voice said from behind me, pressing something hard against my back. I froze and automatically assumed it was a gun and my adrenaline kicked in.

"What do you want?" I asked, not moving. 

"Go out the front door and meet me downstairs. Don't try to get away because I will hunt you down." The man threatened and I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Got it?" He pressed the barrel of the gun harder against my back.

"Yes, yes I understand." I said quickly and the presence of the gun disappeared.

"Go." I wasted no time finding my way to my front door and taking off. All I could hope was that Michael would be able to get to Axel in time and fight off those men. I decided to take my chances and try to escape. I ran downstairs to the lobby and look around, not seeing anyone suspicious. I ran out the building and ran down the street to get to my car.

I was panting hard and my chest burned, but I was determined to reach it and call for help. I couldn't let those psychos hurt those kids under my watch. Before I could take another step, a black van screeched to a halt and two men wearing masks jumped out, dashing towards me.

"No." I breathed and turned around, running the other way. I was tackled from behind and we all fell to the ground in a big heap/

"I told ya not to run!" The man front upstairs' voice grated in my ear as he yanked me up roughly.

"Let me go!" I yelled. "Help! Hel--" The man covered my mouth with his hand and tossed me into the van as if I weighed nothing. Two more men were in the van, wearing the same masks. 

"Tie her up." The man ordered before sliding the door shut. I wasn't going down without a fight. I ducked under one of the men's arms and head butted his chest, making him lose his balance. Then I swung and punched the next guy in the face, getting a pained cry out of him before the other one grabbed me and shoved me down.

I was breathing hard and my face was smushed against the carpet of the van. "What do you want with me?!" I screamed, thrashing against his hold. Chuckles sounded throughout the van and I shivered, started to get scared. This was really happening again. I was getting kidnapped.

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough." One snickered. I huffed and kicked my leg back, nailing him in the face.

"You stupid bitch!" He shouted, holding his now bloody nose. I smiled with satisfaction but froze when the guys, who I was guessing was the leader spoke.

"Knock her out." A fist collided with my skull and I saw black.

* * *

I moaned as hot pain pulsed against my skull. I opened my eyes, but all I could see was black. I blinked multiple times, but still saw black. Did I lose my eyesight? I moved my head and realized a bag was over it, which was why I was only seeing black. I heard people bustling around and I tried to move my arms, but they were ties up tight and stretched up, making me hang a few inches off the floor, my toes still slightly touching.

"I think she's up!" A familiar voice sounded and the bag was ripped off my head. My eyes burned as light filled them in an instant and when my vision adjusted, I couldn't believe my eyes. Lance stood in front of me, his manic smile plastered on his face. "And the princess awakes." He said with glee, clapping his hands together.

I looked around the large room and saw that I was in the same place I was last time I was kidnapped, Except, it was cleaner, had more white power, which now I'm guessing was cocaine, and a lot more firearms. Lance backed up away from me and I took a good look at the people. Most of them were unfamiliar.

"Sam and Jeremy. Why am I not surprised." I said bitterly, licking my dry lips. My throat was parched, but I didn't dare say anything about it or else they would use it against me. Sam smiled and waved as if we were seeing each other at a fair. Jeremy just kept his arms crossed, disinterested. "So, you were the guys behind my kidnapping? Why?" I asked, trying to get something out of them.

They looked at each other and laughed, as if in on an inside joke. "She really doesn't know, does she? Gosh, after all these years.?" Lance said, chuckling and shaking his head.

"What are you talking about? Where's Axel and Michael?" I asked, yanking at my binds. I swept my eyes for anything that would be able to help me, but found nothing. My arms started to ache and I wondered what they really wanted me for. 

"Oh, speaking of Michael, I hear you guys are getting pretty serious, hmm?" Lance walked to me and gripped my chin in his hand. "Michael has a lot of secrets, my dear. Wanna know some of them?" He whispered, blowing his awful breath in my face.

"I want to know why you ordered them to kidnap me." I spit, wanting to bite his fingers off. He laughed and let my chin go. He walked over to where Sam and Jeremy were and stood there like a soldier.

"Oh, I wasn't the one who ordered them to kidnap you. He was." Lance pointed behind me, but I couldn't turn my head.

"Who is he?!" I yelled, tired of Lance's games.

"It was me." Daxton stepped out from behind me, smiling.