You? (Doctor Who Fanfic)

"Come on Miss.Smith, just answer our questions and we promise to let you go to the orphanage." The police man told me as he sat on the edge of the table.

I shook my head,"I'm not an orphan my mother is still ALIVE! That's what I've been trying to tell you idiots all this time!"

He sighed as he rubbed the brigde of his nose,"Look Miss. Smith..."

"Would you stop with the formality, just call me Ember...." I looked around the room as i continued,"Seeing as it is my name." I huffed as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine, Ember, how did your mother manage to steal about half of the money in the largest bank in the world and still manage to escape our capture?"

I shrugged,"How would i know? She left me for dead about three years ago. So, go ask her all these questions and stop wasting my time."

I folded my hands on my lap as I propped my worn combat boots on the metal table,"She's dead and since we can't find your father your the next best thing."

I huffed,"Your correct about one thing....." I looked into the black holes he considered eyes,"You will never be able to find my father. No one ever will.

"So, now you see why we need you." He stood,"You are going to help us find your mother."

"Not going to happen. I thought you thought she was dead?"

He glared at me furrowing his eyebrows tightly to make creases appear on his forehead that were as deep as the Grand Canyon,"Look, we are getting desperate here! Either you help us find your crimnal of a mother or we put you behind bars. It's your choice."

I bit my lip like I always did when I was thinking or nervous. Shaking my head I stood,"My mother may be a criminal now, but she is the only family I still have left and I will not stab her in the back even if she did .abandon me."

The interrigator clicked his tounge,"Fine! Ember Smith you are under arrest for refusing to cooraperate..."

I chuckled,"I don't think so!" I slowly scanned the room,"I'm under eighteen you can only put me in a holding cell until someone pays my bail." I smirked at the knowledge I obtained from my stupid social studies class, was actually helping me.

"You know Miss....I mean Ember....you are skating on thin ice..." He walked to the door and only turned before leaving to warn,"Be very careful."

************************************

"Ember Amelia Smith?" The burly cop's voice echoed off the crowded holding cell walls as I shoved through some not so friendly looking people.

"Yeah that's me."

"Your bail has been paid. You're free to go." The officer didn't look too happy to see such a "criminal" like myself go. And as the officer waved me to walk down the hallway I caught a glimpse of the interrigator who I had made an emeny with in under five minutes. He was ruining the life of what looked like a meth addict only to glance up to see me. Furrowing his eyebrows I gave him a huge grin and flashed him a flirty wave as I walked down the hall with a little pep in my step.

As I neared the front of the town police station I could hear her yells penetrate and probably scared the be-jesus out of most of the staff. "What the hell do you mean by she needs to go to court?"

"We're sorry, but she must represent herself in court or she will be charged and go to a juveniel detention center."

"Juveniel detention center my ass! She didn't do anything wrong!"

I walked out to the waiting room where I found my best friend and partial guardian, Jessica Wiston, screaming at the woman seated behind bulletproof glass in a bleak room just like the one I had entered.