Riversong?

"Ember...." The word floated around the abyss of darkness as my eyes opened slightly making the world around me blurry. However, even through the blurriness I could see the curly hair and then the pale green-blue eyes came into focus. Sitting bolt up right, I pushed my self up and away from the women.

Surprise flashed across her face, but she put her hands out as if she was confronting an angry dog, "Ember, sweetheart let me explain."

I felt something pinch my arm and looked down to see a clear tube running from my arm and a clip on my finger as lines jumped up and down on a monitor. Every time my chest heaved a breathe, I felt the pains again as if my heart was trying to escape out of my chest. Clenching my fists around the cot I was lying on, I hissed, "How did I get here? Where's the Doctor? Why are you here?"

The word hit her like a slap in the face as she tried to reach out and touch my arm, "Ember...."

I jerked away and shook my head, "Your not my mother. The Doctor....he told me my real parents weren't human, aliens they exist.....and I am one. So, who are you? Just a stranger?"

"Ember, I'm you true mother."

"So, why don't I look nothing like you. No resemblance what so ever! How could you be my mother when I am not one of your kind?"

She sat down on the edge of the cot next to mine, one of the many that were lined up inside the room we were sitting in. "The Doctor....." She shook her head and looked me dead in the eyes, "So, just because this stranger tells you that your an alien you believe him? You've only met him, Ember!"

"He gives me no reason to not believe him! He's paid more attention to me then you ever did!"

"I know this man, Ember. He can do amazing things, save planets, and show you the stars, but he goes by rules and rule one....The Doctor lies." She paused, "Ember, I'm your mother. I know I haven't been there for you, but this life I have.....it isn't easy and I would never drag you into it. I had to leave you behind to keep you safe."

I snapped back at her pathetic words, "You are not my mother, my mother is dead."

She stifled a laugh, "I can agree with you on that, that women I use to be is surely dead."

I looked away from her as she put a hand over my arm with the tubes attached to it, "Ember, please....I'm your mother, don't you remember those times we spent together? When you were a child."

I stood making the tubes tear out of my arm along with the monitor clip as the machines started to beep. I half yelled, "No, I don't! Because you were never there! Now I know why....YOU....ARE....NOT....MY...MOTHER!!!"

"Ember, I am your mother. Now please just lye back down and...."

"Where's the Doctor?" Blood dripped from my elbow slightly from the torn skin as I moved to the only door way in the room.

My "mother" was there though spreading herself through the doorway making it impossible to get past, "Ember Amelia Smith, go lye back down this instant!"

" No! Who are you to tell me what to do!" I stepped forward as she continued to block the way. "Where is the Doctor?!?"

"Ember, the Doctor, he's not who you think he is! Please just stay here with me, and I can help heal you and we could live happily here..."

"Your a stranger to me, so move!"

"Why? So you can go get killed by The Doctor? Or so you can waste your life waiting for the Doctor to come and sweep you off your feet?" She raised an eyebrow, "Ember, he's a bad man!"

"WHY?"

"He's the reason I'm in jail!!!!"

I watched her and mumbled,"That's not true.....you robbed banks, stole cars, smuggled...."
"Sweetheart that was all a cover. I couldn't let you know what I really was."
"So what now your telling me your an intergalactic criminal and the doctor put you away in jail?"
She opened her mouth to respond when a man walked up behind her and saluted her,"Ma'am we have spotted the blue box, should we set to retrieve it?"
She turned turning her back to me,"Y.....Yes, set to retrieve the box."
"An the Doctor?"
"Yes, and get the jail cell ready for his arrival."
"Your going to throw him in jail?!?"
Not even bothering to look at me she nodded,"Yes, I am."
The guard looked at me and asked,"Ma'am should I send for a nurse to heal your daughter?"
"I'm not her daughter! And no I was just leaving." I was about to shove past my "mother" but she grabbed my wrist. Whirling on her,"Let go of me....Riversong."
Shock. That's what instantly paralyzed the women I use to call my mother,"How....how....do you know that?"
"I said it before do passed out. It's your name, one of so many lies, isn't it?"
"Ember, you shouldn't know that. Riversong, was the name I used long before you were born." She paused and released my wrist,"Ember, forgive me for doing this...." Turning to the man in the helmet she ordered,"Take my daughter down to the jail level, lock her up so no one can get to her."
"WHAT?!?" The guard reacted quickly grabbing my arms and pinning them behind my back. I thrashed out,"No! You can't do this to me!!!"
The guard had some difficulties but finally got me through the doorway as my mother said,"I'm sorry Ember, I have to keep you away from them and the doctor, until we can fix you."
"I don't need to be fixed!!!"
"Yes.....you do." She looked so sad and her eyes reminded me of The Doctor's, full of sadness like they had seen their entire family die and was now searching for some reason to live on. "Take her away."
  Half way down the hallway I stopped thrashing out at the guard, knowing it was no use. I need to go and find the Doctor. If we both get locked up, we'll never get away from this place. Where ever this place was.

  At the end of the hall was three door, only one was labeled with the bright words known as Exit. I guess every galaxy used it to mark an escape, thank god on my behalf.

  The guard was approaching the one door. Setting me down roughly so he could pluck a pair of keys from his pocket, revealing a long flight of dark stairs that only led down. "Ladies first."

  I shook my head, "You think I'm going down there? How stupid do you think I am?"

  "Stupid enough to not realize that Miss.Riversong is your mother. Now get down there."

  "I don't think I will. You can go down there, but..."

  His gloved hand came out to snatch my arm, but I darted away quickly. Bringing my foot out I kicked the guard in the chest and loosing his footing tumbled through the opened door and down the stairs. Feeling shocked that I actually escaped, I slammed the stair door shut and kicked at the handle so it jammed the door.
    The Exit sign drowned me in red light as I whipped the door open and saw in the far horizon a blue box shape. I knew it was instantly the tardis. Rushing forward, I heard the alarms blare behind me. This only made me speed faster with a smirk plastered on my face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys sorry it was so long for this update, I've had such awful writers block. That's why this isn't so good. That and I have been having awful eye problems, my doctor said I have to watch out because I could go blind  so yeah.  But, not to worry I'm getting new glasses and stuff so it will help the problem. Any way ANY ONE SEE THE NEW DOCTOR!!! I'm so excited and nervous to see how he is....of course no one will be as good as Matt Smith or David Tennant. Tell me what you think of the new Doctor!!!! VOTE COMMENT AND FAN ME!!!! Love ya guys, BOW TIES ARE COOL!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~