Me?

My feet dragged before me and I felt the slimy fingers that held my arms painfully up at an angel with my shoulder blades clashed together every time I was hauled around a corner. The stiffness of my legs told me I had been out for hours though his words were fresh in my mind. 

He was my father. 

My father. 

Another corner resulted in my ankle slamming painfully against the crumbling tunnels around me. Everything looked so ancient like something Terrence would imagine going to visit if he ever got the money. 

I immediately frowned at the reminder of my dear friend though not for long as my body was forced to a hault and the grinding of metal could be heard off the stone walls. My neck strained to see what it could possibly be, but I didn't need to look far as a heavy metal door with only a small barred window was thrown into my view. 

The slimmy fingers released me throwing me to the ground and with little energy I scrambled from my stomach to sit then finally stand. 

"Get in." 

I swallowed and looked back at the two aliens then to the metal door. Who knew how many things could be waiting beyond that door. What nightmares could be just laying dormante for me to consume in that room beyond my knowledge. 

A harsh nudge drove me closer though I stopped. I needed to escape, but with the growing pain in my ankle running was not an option. 

Another nudge came the metals dead cold temperature tickled my skin with the feeling of sorrow. 

"What's in there?" 

I clutched my knuckls feeling my knees begin to wobble with the nerves. 

"Get in." Their voices rang like a chorus in the small tunnels only making my nerves grow into a full blown panic attack. My breathes came labored and the steady beats of my hearts only worried me more. 

Another nudge and with a slight jerk the door slid open and closed immediately behind me. The feeling was cold, but the room was small enough to where I could see every wall and that I was alone in the space. Of course that meant nothing more then this to be a holding cell where they could keep me until they had further plans too....

"To kill you." 

My back slammed to the metal door pressing myself away from the voice. "Whose there?" 

No reply and no movement though there was no hiding place in the room either. 

"Show yourself." 

A laugh penetrated my ears though there was no one in sight. Gazing through the barred window no alien could be seen or any life for that mater except the glow of a torch nearby. 

"Where are you?" 

Another laugh, "I'm everywhere, Ember Amelia Smith." 

"How...how do you know who I am?" The door leached my warmth letting me slide to the center of the room where I could somehow locate this person. 

"Your Ember Amelia Smith, the girl whose lived with her dear friend Jessica Alice Winston who just so happens to be engaged to Peter Bruce Georgeson, and just couldn't stop searching for your mother. You got into so much trouble young lady," I twirled around trying to find the voice and just when I thought the voice was stronger in one corner it would switch to another. "Drove that poor Jessica nearly to her grave." 

I  spun until my head was nearly spinning off my neck.

" Well actually to. There is no nearly required." A laugh soaked through every pore of my being letting shivers run miles on my skin.

"S...Show yourself!" I screamed at the top of my lungs refusing the voice to get inside my head.

"Get inside your head? Why dear Ember I am your head."

I swirled around watching the walls hard until I could feel the breeze brush my arm forcing me to turn.

"I'm your eyes. Your body. Your everything!"

I stopped at the steel door seeing the horrific sight that waited for me. A girl sat in the steel  her legs tucked over each other a cold murderous grin playing on her lips. It was a like a mirror, but not at the same time.

It would have been if I sat on the floor just as she was. Everything would have been the same because this girl was me. Yet she was different. But,still ME.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Hey sorry guys I typed most of this on my phone so I have no idea how long it is. I'm also very sorry that i haven't updated this story in like forever so once again sorry. Please excuse the shortness of the chapter and any weird typos or mistakes.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-