Chapter Nineteen: Alexandra

*** Warning -  Sensitive chapter that may upset some readers. I apologise for this***

1509

Alex stood in her room and rubbed her hands on her belly, which had grown considerably as the weeks past. She walked over to the piece of furniture that she built by herself and patted the makeshift pillow gently. She walked a little bit over to the room before screaming out in pain, the feeling like she was being stabbed had started and she looked down at the floor and saw the wet liquid underneath her. "What is happening?" She screamed out. "Henrietta, help me!" She screamed her maids name and she rushed in. "The baby, there's something wrong!"
"Alexandra, there's nothing to worry, baby is on way now." She spoke before leaving her in the room alone. Looking around frantically the pain subsided and Alex breathed out before sitting on her bed, rubbing the bump."Not long now sweetie."  Henrietta shouted from the other room and came back in with towels. "How are you doing?" Alex shook her head.
"The pains gone."
"Don't worry, the baby will come when he's ready."
"He?" Alex looked up at Henrietta from the bed and she smiled warmly. Alex screamed out as the pain came rushing back, like she was being kicked in the head with a hard boot. She stood up and felt her dress she was wearing. "Henrietta, what's happening to me?"
Alex only being 19 at the time, and her mother dying when she was young her father left her to defend for herself. One night when she was walking around the small village that her family took shelter in, a man tall and dark introduced himself as 'Lance.' 

"Good evening, Sir." Alex bowed before him and she smiled. "I trust you had a safe journey."
"Yes I did. Thank you for letting me and my men stay for a few days."
"It's my pleasure." Alex went to walk away but Lance grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Oh, I'm sorry sir."
"What is your name?" He demanded.
"Alexandra, Sir."
"Alexandra, hmm. What a beautiful name." Alex turned around quickly and saw as her younger sister came running out from the woods, screaming.
"Katherine! Are you okay?"  Alex fell down to the floor and stopped her.
"Alex, I am fine!" She stomped her feet on the ground and crossed her arms over her chest. "Toby was chasing me." Toby came out of the woods a few seconds after and came to a halt as soon as he saw Lance. He eyed him carefully and backed away, running back into the woods. "See what you did! Toby! Toby!" Katherine ran after him back into the wooded area.
"Katherine?"
"She is my sister Sir. But I look after her due to my father lacking his parenting duties."  She faced him again as she got up from the dirty floor and dusted off her dress and brushed her hair out of her face. "I'm sorry sir. I have to go." She turned around and left him standing in the middle of the village, as he watched her he smirked, and then called his boys forward.

Weeks passed and Lance and his men were still in the village, he met up with Alex every day and followed her around every day, which made her nervous around him. One evening, Alex walked through the woods and picked up some branches that had fallen to the floor, so she could set up the fire in the middle of the village every evening. Alex whipped her body around quickly when she heard twigs snap under heavy feet and the heavy bodies that followed her. "Good evening gentlemen. How can I help?"  They stayed quiet and grabbed the wood from Alex's arms and threw them far away. They grabbed her and pushed her against a large tree, holding her shoulders and her legs. She screamed and they put a dirty hand over her mouth, making Alex nearly vomit from all the dirt that had been smeared around her mouth. She looked past and saw a dark figure, running extremely fast, like lightening. He stood in front of her and held her against the tree trunk while he shooed his men away. "Lance, what are you doing?"
"Something I should've done long ago."
"What are you talking about?" She felt him rip the bottom of her dress off and he pushed against her. She screamed out loudly, she tried to fight him  but he was too strong, he pushed against her again, harder and slammed her head against the tree, Alex screamed even louder when she felt him make her filthy, and hurt her. He slapped her round the cheek and growled deeply as he continued his assault on her and slapped his hand onto her mouth as he carried on. Alex was stuck, she let him do what he did to her, and cried as he hurt her. He dropped her to the floor, and she cried harder, Lance bent down and spat on her, and ran away.