Chapter Two: Betrayed

Chelsea slammed her door shut and screamed as high as her lungs could go. She was past angry, Lydia had lied to her. Lydia was meant to be her best friend and the other two who were meant to be her friends as well were acting completely out of character. Chelsea was angry at Lydia for telling the whole school about her family moving and now she had found out about Lydia and Tommy having a fling. Chelsea walked over to her curtains and ripped down down, picking up random things that were on her floor and throwing them against the walls. It didn't take long before the anger turned into sadness and she cried, flopping herself onto her bed and crying into her pillows.

Later on that evening, Chelsea sat at the dinner table waiting for her mother to come back from putting her sister into bed. She played around with the food on her plate and didn't really pay attention until her mom brought her out of her gaze. "Chelsea? What's wrong sweetheart?" Her mother asked as she lowered herself into the chair. Chelsea looked up and sighed.
"I want to move mom." her mother gasped.
"What's made you change your mind? Yesterday you were so bent on not going that it upset your father."
"I was wrong yesterday but maybe it will be good." Chelsea sighed as she placed her fork down on the plate.
"Now what's actually wrong?"
"It's Tommy." Chelsea wiped her eye with the sleeve of her shirt. After a long detailed explanation later, her mother hugged her, kissing her hair and hugging her tightly. She hated seeing her daughter upset and she wanted to go straight to the cause of her sadness.

The following morning, Chelsea looked at herself in the mirror. She was bored of her appearance and wanted to change, instead of wearing her angelic look which she did most of the days, Chelsea decided to change it up and look different. It took at least an hour before she was ready for school but now she didn't want to be treated like a goody-two-shoes.

"Hey girlfriend!" Lydia spoke as soon as Chelsea walked into class. "Oh. My. God. What kind of mess do you look like?" She looked at Chelsea with wide eyes.
"I fancied a change." She looked at her, pushing her hateful feelings to the back of her mind. "Don't you like it?"
"It's going to take a lot of getting used too..." Lydia stood there, with her hands on her waist.
"Well i don't care what you think." Chelsea flipped her hair and walked off to the direction of her seat. She heard Lydia tut and she couldn't help but smirk before sitting down.

After class Chelsea walked along the corridor, clutching a folder to her chest. "Hey babe!" She heard Tommy's voice sound from behind her. She turned around and nodded. He came up to her and went to place a kiss on her lips but she turned her head quickly and let him place it on her cheek instead. "Ive rung you like nine times this morning?"
"That's funny, because I've ignored your nine calls this morning." chelsea quickly turned around and started to walk away but Tommy grabbed onto her arm.
"What's wrong babe?"
"Don't call me that."
"Chelsea, what is with you today?"
"Do you know what..." She tried her hardest not to get upset over something like this. "Just forget it." she yanked her arm away and walked away quickly, leaving Tommy standing in the corridor.

Chelsea opened the door as she got home she decided to have lunch at home instead of at school, trying to avoid Lydia and Tommy as much as possible for the rest of the day. Chelsea put her bag down and saw her sister come out from their room dragging a suitcase. "Sophie? What are you doing?"
"Daddy said we are moving."
"Yeah not yet, in about a month."
"Honey, is that you?" Her fathers voice sounded from the kitchen, Chelsea walked through the apartment and saw him, taping up a brown box and patting it.
"Dad what's going on?"
"I'm sorry Chelsea, but the deadline for my new job has been cut short. We're leaving tomorrow."
"Tomorrow!" Chelsea shrieked. "But you said a month!" Chelsea yelled at him.
"Chelsea how old are you meant to be?" He asked her sternly.
"16." Chelsea mumbled.
"And how old are you acting now?" Her dad nodded his head and turned around, packing up things from the sides. "Listen, I know I said that it would be about a month away... But honey." He sighed. "I've resigned this job today, and the one in Pennsylvania is running out of time, so I have to take it. Otherwise if I don't we're going to be living on the streets of Chicago. That means no private education for you or Sophie, no luxury accommodations. These things in life happen Chelsea and you just have to live with it." Chelsea walked over to the breakfast bar and sat on the stool, slouching on her hand sighing deeply. "I've informed your principle and he understands. It wasn't cheap taking you out of the school during the semester honey. But I'm glad your home, you don't have to go back today. Your mom is packing up your room as we speak, maybe you should go help her?" He asked her gently.

Later on that evening, while sitting on the couch with Sophie in bed, Chelsea and her parents decided to order takeout. They sat watching the television, her dad flicking through the channels and her mother clicking on her phone. The buzzer for the apartment sounded from the door and Chelsea got up and walked over to the door picking up and the phone and looking at the little screen that showed who was. "Hello." Chelsea glared at the screen, seeing Lydia as she pressed up against the speaker.
"Chels babe. Why wasn't you at school?"
"I was, you just didn't see me."
"Babe I didn't - you weren't there." she hiccuped.
"Lydia have you been drinking?"
"No!" She hiccuped again. "Okay okay. Maybe a small glass."
"You're not even old enough Lydia." Chelsea cursed into the phone. "What happens if you get caught."
"Chelsea let me up. I can explain."
"Explain what?" Chelsea knew.
"I've. not. been." Lydia hiccuped as she spoke. " A good friend." She stammered out.
"Lydia what on earth are you doing here?" Chelsea heard another voice sound from the speaker. "Is that Chelsea?" Tommy walked up and was shown on the little screen. "Chelsea babe. Let me up, whatever Lydia has said she is lying. Nothing has happened between us."
"And what hasn't exactly happened between you two?" Chelsea growled down the phone.
"Wait, she hasn't told you?" Chelsea watched as Tommy looked at Lydia and cursed.
"As a matter of fact, she didn't tell me. But I already knew, see when Lydia was talking to the girls, I was eavesdropping her conversation, I know all about it. But you, Tommy have made it a lot worse for yourself, and I can't do it anymore. We're over Tommy."
"No babe listen we can make this work." He pleaded. "Chelsea I promise you-"
"Goodbye Tommy." Chelsea took her phone from her ear and placed it onto the hook. A few tears fell down her face, she really loved Tommy and it was so hard seeing him with her best friend.
"Chelsea no! Chelsea open the door!" Tommy shouted. She watched him as he hit the door and pounded the wall of the building. Chelsea clicked a button on the keypad and then walked away back to her parents.

"Chelsea have you got everything?" Her mother called from the door.
"Yeah mom hold on." Chelsea shouted back to her mom, as she stood in the middle of her bare room, it was completely empty. Her father had been downstairs with the removal men, getting everything ready in the truck. She bent down and crouched rubbing her fingers on the faint black burn mark on the floor. The memories of her coming back when she first tried a cigarette. Her mom wasn't at all pleased with the stain and Chelsea was grounded for at least half a year. That was when she went through her 'rebel' stage a year ago. It was when she first met Tommy that she decided to break all the rules. But now a year later she was saying goodbye to her home and saying goodbye to the memories. Chelsea stood up again and picked up the two bags that she would take with her, her special belongings that she didn't want thrown into a big brown box. She headed from the door, turning around and glancing at the room that she would never see again. She closed the door behind her and walked over to her mom and sister. "All done." She smiled at them both.
"This'll be good for us darling, I just know it." Chelsea only hoped that her family were making the right decision.