Chapter 15: Heavenly Delivery

Guys, pledge a small amount to support the author, please. 👇🏻

https://www.patreon.com/BrekhnaJohar

Please vote and comment your reactions as you read ;)

Zayn grabbed her around the waist but Claire managed to wiggle out of his hold. Laughing, she pushed him onto the couch and made a run towards the kitchen.

Back off Claire!" Zayn shouted after her as she raced him to the kitchen, "Don't you dare touch that ice cream!"

Zayn tripped on the couch and winced when his big toe seared in pain. Hobbling, he followed Claire into the kitchen, hoping to rescue some of that creamy goodness from her never ending greed for ice creams. His stomach was growling like he hadn't had a good meal for days. And something told him he would stay hungry if he doesn't get that ice cream.

An excited gasp escaped his lips when his eyes zeroed on the large sundae sitting on the counter. The heavenly delight was complete with chocolate sauce, sprinkled nuts, waffles and a cherries. Grinning from ear to ear, Zayn's mouth watered as he reached for bowl. 

Before he could so much as touch the glassware, a hand zoomed past his eyes, snatching the sundae off the counter. Bewildered, Zayn turned around, only to see Claire dump the delicious desert into the bin. 

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" Zayn's thundering voice reverberated off the kitchen walls, surprising even himself. Zayn could feel himself shaking with rage. He was dying to get a bite of proper food and she wastes it away for no reason?

Claire only stared at him with stony expressions, looking unfazed by his outburst. With her arms firmly crossed  over her chest, there was no trace of her earlier playfulness.

"What?" She asked ruefully, "Are you gonna hit me now that you got no food?"

"What - Claire no! I -"

Zayn cut off abruptly. For a moment he became unaware of his hunger as his stomach sank realizing what she was referring to.

"You hit her, didn't you?" Claire spat, looking disgusted. "And for what? For not getting you something to eat?"

"It wasn't like that," Zayn quickly tried to come clean to her. "That was a mistake. I never intended to hurt her, Claire, you know I would never hurt a girl -"

"Do I?" Claire asked, her eyes flashed accusingly. Zayn's heart sank. "I thought you were better than this!"

Zayn took a step towards her, but she shook her head and stepped away.

"You made her cry," she accused.

"Claire, listen to me," Zayn requested desperately but she only stepped away from him.

Everything around him became foggy. The scene changed slowly. She was no longer standing in the doorway of the kitchen but in that of the bus. 

"Wait - What's going on!"  Zayn stuttered.

Zayn's eyes widened in alarm as the college bus registered in his mind. His heart was beating loudly. Panicking, he made an attempt to reach her but something prevented him from doing so. Looking down, Zayn noticed a lot of bushes curled around his feet like snakes, shackling him to the spot.

"No! Claire!" 

"Bye Zayn!" Claire whispered.

"No!" Zayn shouted, "Claire, get off that bus! Get off of it now!"