Chapter 29: Worried

I know! It's been a while, I'm sorry :P Comment your anger - no I mean, your reactions, as you read xD

Zayn laid fuming in his bed as he waiting for someone to show up. A nurse had quickly scurried out of the room to fetch a doctor when Zayn regained his consciousness. Judging from the light outside the window, he figured he had been out for almost twenty four hours. Zayn did not know if he was more worried about Bee, and not knowing what had happened to her, or furious at Alex and her team for sneakily drugging him so they could have their way.

As he was reminded of the slope and how long it would have taken them to climb it, and the hours long flight to the city in the air ambulance, it did not take long before he was totally consumed by dread and worry, not knowing if Bee was able to make it to a hospital on time.

His drowsy eyes lingered on the empty drip stand when it hit him. He could see her! Both of them must have been rushed to the hospital, and though he must have been shifted to the VIP section immediately, she still may be in the same hospital.

Zayn sat up just as the door opened.

"Mr. Harris!" The doctor greeted him cheerfully, "Good to see you are finally up. How are you feeling?"

Zayn eyed the grey haired man blandly. He settled back against the pillows, not thrilled to realize, his plans to go 'Bee-searching' might not happen too soon.

"I'm alright," he muttered in a distracted sort of way, watching the nurse shut the door gently.

The doctor nodded, still smiling.

"That's good to hear," he said, casually opening Zayn's file lying on the sliding-table at the foot of his bed. "I'm Dr. Calvin, by the way. They warned me you'd throw a wild tantrum. I was told you have been drugged because you were not being . . . cooperative? You seem quite in control now. I was expecting much worse, to be honest."

Zayn swallowed his annoyance, chewing on his cheeks to not snap.

"Perhaps it would be wise to not push your luck too far, Dr. Calvin," Zayn replied tersely.

"True that," Dr. Calvin looked amused, "I'll go straight to discussing the important stuff, then – "

"Great that you agree," Zayn cut in, "So tell me where's Bee?"

The doctor raised an eyebrow. His fingers paused in the act of flipping through the pages in the file.

"Pardon?"

"I want to know about the other student," Zayn clarified, desperately trying to remember Salma's name. "She was brought here with me, was she not?"

Dr. Calvin straightened up a little, placing the file back on the table.

"What?" Zayn asked, panicking. "What happened to her?"

"Mr. Harris –"

"Is she alright?"

"I don't know," he replied, frowning.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean, I'm not aware of another student that was brought here with you, Mr. Harris."

Zayn started at the doctor. His mouth felt dry. He could feel his heart beat accelerating. Bee was not brought here? Why . . . was she too late?

"Mr. Harris, this is a big hospital," Dr. Calvin began, noticing Zayn's alarm, "I'm an orthopedic doctor. Unless the student you are talking about had bone or muscle injuries, I doubt she would need me or anyone in my department for us to know of her arrival here."