Chapter 97: Tying the Knot - II

Don't forget to vote! And post your reactions pretty please?

Salma spent most of the day in her room, fighting the strangest attack of nerves.

She had never imagined her marriage to be like this. To a man she knew little of. On a day that was not months away in which could mentally for the major change. With no mother by her side, or brother to bother and her purpose of the tie having to do more with her family's safety then to start a new phase of life. It overwhelmed her. What she hadn't even properly thought of, was suddenly a reality and she had to come to terms with. This was not what she imagined. In fact she had never imagined her wedding day at all. She was too busy sorting other things in her life. There was little time and thought given to the day she'd have to be paired.

Things took a worse turn when Anne, looking quite green in the face with how terribly sick with worry she was, barged in and bombarded her father with questions. Upon hearing her panicked voice, Salma started feeling nauseous. Scared that she would throw up or blacken out, she sneaked out of the house after sending her father a quick text. She was already scared senseless, she did not need Anne to frighten or confuse her more.

Salma did not trust herself to drive, that's how terribly her limbs had started to shake. She took a seat on the curb outside her house and rested her dizzying head on her knees after calling Sarah. She almost did not hear Sarah honking the horn through her buzzing ears, a few minutes later.

Like the lifesaver that she is, Sarah companied her through the rest of the day. She tried her best to distract her, but every time Salma turned a nasty shade of green, Sarah would give up the pretense.

"Listen, I'm trying my best, but if you ruin my car with your smelly puke, I'm kicking you out, I don't care!"

The eighth time she threatened her, Salma burst out crying. Sarah sighed, exasperated. She was a good listener so long as the listening involved solving problems. She was horrible at dealing with a person who was just miserable, dreading the future or crying over his past.

Feeling terrible, Sarah shut up about her car getting ruined from then onwards.

At night, Salma twisted and turned in her bed, not able to sleep. With no food and no rest, she was sure to look like a Zombie the next day. Hoping Arethas would be scared of the green, dead looking thing that was supposed to be the girl he married, Salma hoped he would run back to wherever he came from at the sight of her.

Her phone beeped with a text at two in the morning, taking her by surprise.

Sarah: Take a warm bath.

It was all she said. This girl has to be some sort of demon to know what other people were up to without even asking them, Salma thought. Sighing, She forced her limp body out of the bed and walked to the bathroom with heavy steps.

The next morning Salma tried to force some toast down her throat, while her father was busy helping the men set up the backyard for the guests. She had managed to get some sleep after the bath but she felt anything but rested. She felt numb and confused. Her empty stomach kept squirming with discomfort making her feel like throwing up just by thinking of what was about to happen.

Much to her relief, Sarah arrived early in the morning. She forced Salma to finish the piece of toast and downed a glass of O.J. before pushing her into the bathroom for a shower. When Salma stepped out into her room, she was surprised to see Anne perched on her bed. The poor woman looked closed to tears.

"Are you alright?" she asked Salma, taking the towel away and fussing over her.

Was she? She didn't know. All she was sure of was that she was a nervous wreck and could not decide if she wanted to sleep, cry, puke or do nothing.