Chapter 21: Pain of the Past

Remember, Please pledge support 👇🏻 https://www.patreon.com/BrekhnaJohar

*Trigger warning for violence, and physical abuse of a child*

Post your reactions. There is going to be a variety of reactions in this chapter ;). This is probably one of my favorite chapters in the forest part, so it's dedicated to all Losties :)

Zayn's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

"C'Mon brownie! You have to stop being a couch potato. We already know you are Irish." Zayn  punched a grumpy Niall on his shoulder.

"Ha ha ha!" Niall snapped sarcastically, not at all amused by  Zayn's joke involving the Irish staple food, a potato. He rolled his eyes at the dark haired boy before grumbling under-breath."You seriously are like the worse friend ever!"

"Is that your way of saying you love me?" Zayn snickered.

Niall grunted in response. Zayn stifled the laughter. The blond looked so annoyed. His grumpy mood only encouraged Zayn to provoke him some more. Zayn loved the way Niall looked when he was frustrated with him. It was so funny. With his brow furrowed into a scowl, his disheveled hair dyed blond, his mouth set into a pout and his cheeks flushed red, Niall looked like a perfect chubby kid ready to explode.

"Aww! C'mon Nialler!" Zayn slung an arm over his shoulder."You know I am joking, righ'?"

Niall shrugged his arm off and shot him an annoyed glare. Zayn bit his lip hard to control his laughter, but to no avail. He burst out laughing so loud that it rang around the deserted street.

"Is that a glare Nialler? Is that suppose to scare me away?" Zayn continued. "Seriously, don't ever try it on girls, they'd think you are ogling at them."

Niall closed his eyes, and Zayn had to clench his teeth tightly to contain another laughing fit from taking over. He prepared himself for the show. Niall was about to snap. The signs were all there.

He was shaking with fury. Check.

His fists were balled up. Check.

His eyes were closed and face red. Check.

And finally, his lips were pressed together in a firm line. Check.

Zayn patiently waited for him to lose control. His best mate, Niall Flintoff had a foul mouth and when he was mad, the sweet little chubba cheeks cursed like a Sailor! Zayn found that funny. Every time he pushed Niall past his limits, the Irish would curse like he wanted the whole world to hear him. Problem was, he never actually wanted anyone to hear him, because that would only get him in more trouble. Every. Single. Time.

Zayn lived for the look on his neighbours' faces every time Niall exploded. He loved how their eyes bulged out to see the lad they thought was a gentle, respectful, young blond, was actually the one screaming out curses. And that, Zayn, the well known troublesome teen, was being an innocent soul, taking the blond's wrath with a smile. This was Zayn's favorite past time when he was bored, and right then, after a very rough practice session, he was definitely in the mood of having some fun.

The two boys were getting closer to the old soldier's house. The man had a horrible temper. Zayn thought it would be entertaining to watch if Niall pulled a sailor on him in front of the veteran's house.

Before Niall could snap or they could get any closer towards the house intended, however, a group of five, bulky, scary looking guys came out of the alleyway and surrounded the two boys like a pack of wolves, ready to pounce.