Chapter 72: Car Chase

First off, Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating 🥰🤗. May Allah accept our ibadah this Ramadhan and shower His blessings upon us all. Ameen.

Next, a shout-out. Thank you to SyedaM RAhmed for becoming a Patron by joining the "College Stress-fighters" level. I'm grateful for your support. Lots of Love to you! Hope you've enjoyed the early update.

Lastly, the update 😁

Vote and Post comments, folks. I'm losing the will to write quicker updates :/

Zayn was quietly driving behind Jason. He was trying to work things out in his head, and also, making sure the junior would not go running back to Salma and double cross him. The nerdy red-head walked into a familiar looking library, just around the plaza. Zayn decided to head home. He was almost out of the block when Alex rang him. Zayn ignored her the first couple of times, mad at her for Lenny's conspiracy against Claire, but something made him pick it up the fifth time.

"Leave me alone, Alexandra!" He yelled the moment he picked up. "What the fu-"

"Drive to road two, next to the food court!" She cut him midsentence, "Salma would need a ride!"

"WHAT?!"

Bee?

"What are you're talking about?" Zayn asked bewildered.

"You heard me, kid!" Alex barked. "Just do as I say if you want her alive!"

Zayn had turned around before Alex could finish her orders.

"What is going on?! What you mean if I want her alive?!"

His heart was beating madly against his chest hearing Alex's frantic, bossy tone. He was panicking and clueless. What had Salma got to do with anything? He had just seen her at Cody's, why would she be at the completely opposite end of the mall? When Alex called, the worse that Zayn imagined happening was Lenny going too far once again to make him feel bad for treating her like a trash can - and that was the only reason why he picked up the call.

"She got - wait! I got info coming. . ."

Zayn could hear someone talking to Alex at the other end of the line. Their tone seemed rushed and urgent.

"Head down the road towards Macy's!" Alex informed him as Zayn turned towards road two. He thought he heard gunfire, making him jumped out of his skin in fright, "I'll call you back in a few!"

"Alex! No, wait! Tell me what is going on?!" Zayn demanded to know as he sped down the road but Alex had already cut the call.

Not a second later, he saw a veiled figure in a long beige dress stumble out of the Alley way next to Macy's. Zayn recognized Salma as she stopped in the middle of the road, looking around her in a scared, crazed manner. Speeding up, the tires screeched as Zayn halted to a stop in front of her.

"Get in!" He called out to her.

Salma looked around with panic stricken eyes, trying to make sense of the words in the world around her. Her eyes zeroed on the sleek black vehicle in front of her. Zayn threw the door open for her.

"Bee! Get in, now!"

Salma did not need telling a third time. She jumped into the car just as Zayn saw two men emerging out of the alley behind her. One of them had blood trickling down the side of his head. Zayn stepped on the gas immediately. People screamed and jumped out of the way of the speeding car.

Zayn maneuvered his car through the crowded city center. He saw the two men chasing after them.

"Come on! Come on, move out of the way!" Zayn honked at the people impatiently.