Chapter 51: Peek a Past

*Yaaaawn!* Please vote, and comment *Sleepy*

Point out any errors. I edited this one in a bit of a hurry. Happy reading! ^^

Salma's P.O.V.

Salma's breath got stuck in her throat. She had no idea what was going on. Zayn's stormy eyes were all she could see, and it was making her head spin.

"Z-Zayn?" she stuttered.

"Don't Zayn me!" Zayn barked.

Zayn glared at her, making her heart stop for an instant. Her cluelessness on why he was so mad at her made her dread his imminent outburst even more. However, she had little time to dwell upon it when she felt a movement beside her. Instinctively, Salma reached out to grab each of the brothers' arms. They had caught onto the fact that Zayn yelling at her, and they were not going to be pleasant about it. Salma could feel herself panicking with every passing second.

"Oye, oye!" James advanced towards him but Salma held him back. "All love and friendship aside bro, watch your mouth when you're talking to her."

With the white in his eyes going slightly red with fury, Zayn ignored James completely.

"Answer me!" he thundered, making Salma jump. "Tell me why is it okay to –"

"Zayn, what're you talking –"

"Don't talk to her like that!" James snapped.

"You stay out of this!" Zayn returned. James leapt towards him. 

"Stop! James!" Salma cried. She let go of Dean just in time to grab James shirt and pulled him back. He looked he wanted to tear Zayn to shreds. In her periphery, Salma could see Niall and Claire trying to restrain Zayn.

"Watch it, Classy feet!" James seethed, struggling to break free, "I'll snap those millionaire legs of yours if you ever throw a nasty glance her way again!"

"I'd like to see you try?" Zayn smirked maliciously.

James tried to pounce on him again, but stopped when Salma pulled him back. He could easily have broken free but she knew he was careful not to hurt her in the process. Knowing James would not shrug her off so long as he feared she could get hurt, Salma turned her attention to Zayn who was continuously provoking him.

"Stop, Zayn, please," Salma pleaded, earning a look from him that she could not quite explain.

"Why? Got tired of playing games, have you?"

"I said don't talk to her like that!" James yelled.

Before she knew it, James had broken free. He attacked Zayn like a wounded beast, punching him in the face. Salma lost it.

"James! James, please! James!" Panicking, she turned to Dean for help. "Dean, help me!" she cried.

He was glaring at Zayn like he wanted to burn him down, but, at least, he stood rooted to where he was.

"I'd rather help James." Dean hissed, taking a step forward.

"No, Dean!"

However, when he reached the two beating each other to pulp, he grabbed James by the collar and dragged him back as Niall pulled Zayn away. Not able to reach each the other with their fists, Zayn and James started trying to kick each other.

Claire and Salma stepped in to break those two apart. Niall pulled Zayn back, while Dean stood guard in front of Salma and James. Salma pushed James to move away from Zayn, whose lower lip was bleeding profusely.