Illuminate The Sky, Ignite The Breathing - Part One

Mia 

“Moo! Moo! MOO!” I heard as I was ripped from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see my best friend Kathryn standing over my limp body on my bed. 

“Kitty!” I exclaimed. Shooting up from my lay position I wrapped my arms around her legs, causing her to fall right on me. We laughed and exchanged a proper hug; I’d missed her so much. 

Kathryn had been my best friend ever since I was 7 years old. We met as strangers at one of my old friend’s birthday parties many years ago; I was sitting alone on one of the picnic tables at the park we were celebrating at  because I only knew the birthday girl, everyone else were strangers to me. Kathryn came over to me an introduced herself, saying that she too didn’t know anyone. She didn’t even know the birthday girl; she was only there because their mothers were friends. After that day we began to hang out quite frequently, within no time becoming the closest friends. 

I hadn’t seen her in almost two months because she and her family went on a trip to London to visit her great Aunt; boy did I miss her!

“Oh my gosh you never told me you were coming back so soon!” I exclaimed again, still excited to be seeing her. 

“I wanted to surprise you.” She said with a smile. I got up off my bed and the two of us ran down stairs. We slumped down on the couch and I demanded she tell me everything that happened on her trip,

“Well, we visited some other family around London and I met some cousins I’d never even heard of. Then we went around looking at all the big sites, I took a picture looking as though I was leaning against Big Ben, just like you asked me to. Oh and I also attempted to make those soldiers that stand outside Buckingham palace move, but I couldn’t even get him to blink!” She said with a laugh. 

“Grenadiers.” I corrected her. 

“Grenadiers then!” She laughed. “And yeah, visited some awesome art galleries and stuff. And gosh! Are those English boys Fine! Like, damn. Those accents are such a turn on!”

I laughed at her, I was wondering when she was going to say something about the boys. Before she even went there, that’s the one thing she was most excited about. 

I left her on the couch with my mum to catch up with and ran back to my room. I pulled my long purple hair out of a ponytail and shook it around, before groaning at my heavy black fringe sticking up. I pulled my overly large escape the fate shirt off my body and ran over to my wardrobe, looking for something to wear. 

“Babe! Don’t forget what day it is!” I heard Kitty call from down stairs. Then it clicked to me; it was Daniel’s birthday. Daniel was a boy that Kitty had her eye on for a while now; he was tall with medium blonde hair and blue eyes that shone like big sapphire gems, always seen wearing tank tops with board shorts and practically lived at the beach; not really the type of boy Kitty would go after.  I don’t know what it was about him, but she was keen on him, that I was sure of. Daniel and I were pretty close friends, though Kitty wasn’t all that close to him. Ever since she started liking him she got pretty shy around him, and Kitty is NEVER shy around guys. He’d invited us to his party that his friend was throwing for him at a summer house their parents owned. I looked through all my party dresses and found nothing suitable for a ‘Daniel party’. Daniel is the type of boy all the popular girls try to impress, but never succeed. I question half the time why he’s even friends with me; I’m the type of girl who is lonely and quiet, and constantly called emo or gothic. If I was going to be at his party, I needed to wear something to be an eye catcher to have a chance with any other guys there. I looked over at my dressing table and saw a dress I’d never seen before. It was covered in small silver circular beads, with random black ones making random patterns around its end and all over its thick shoulder straps. I picked it up and noticed a note sitting on top of it.