Lusting: Chapter 18

5 Days Later

Friday

March 4

Jessica P.O.V.

"Do you like the man or what?" Joey asked again while eating my chicken.

"Joey leave me alone." My office door opened and Taylor walked in. I looked up at him and back at Joey. "Hold on."

I stood up and walked out my office and Taylor followed behind me. Without talking we walked to the parking garage.

I walked to my car and went to the glove compartment. I took the sonogram pictures out and handed them to him.

"Why are you here?" I finally said once he grabbed the pictures.

"Just wanted to check up on you."

"It's been a week since you said something to me. You could've called while you were away. I know you wasn't at work the whole time you were there."

"I wasn't but you dropping that bomb on me before I left, left me in shock. I don't know how to deal with none of this."

"This is my first time too so that's not a good excuse." I started to raise my voice a little.

"I didn't come here to argue."

"What do you want then?"

"When is the next appointment?"

"The end of the month."

"Okay." He nodded. "Keep me posted."

I rolled my eyes and walked away. Once I made it back in my office Shawn and Joey was sitting in front of my desk eating my chicken.

"Why?" I looked at them and then at my tray. I only had two more pieces left and some celery.

"You left it and I was hungry." Joey said rubbing his stomach.

"I saw it sitting there so I just took one then that led to three or four." Shawn shrugged. "Why do you need all that chicken anyway?"

"'Cause I bought it." He handed me a bag. "What's this?"

"The candy you cried about." I opened the bag and seen the candy. It was Twix, Dove, Skittles, Hershey's, and Starburst.

"You remembered." I walked to him giving him a hug.

"Yeah, you called me at three this morning complaining about some candy."

"So." I said down in my chair and ate the last two pieces of chicken.

"Knock knock." Mr. Giovanni walked into my office. "Mr. Black your phone is ringing and your lunch break is over."

"You got a problem with me or something Mr. Giovanni."

"Should I?" Joey looked at him and rolled his eye then walked out. "Funny kid. Ah Mr. Bryant it's nice seeing you."

"Same."

"Ms. White I need you cancel all my meetings and reschedule them." I nodded and he walked out.

"What are you doing later?" I asked Shawn.

"Chilling with my son, why?"

"Just asking." I said as I typed in my computer.

"You have a reason." He motioned for me to come to him. I walked around my desk and sat on top of it in front of him. "You want me to come over."

"No I want your son to." I sent him a smile. He stood up and looked down at me.

"I see how you is." He started walking away slowly.

"Where are you going?"

He stopped and turned around and walked back to me. "I'm going back to work." He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes. I cleared my throat and broke eye contact. "I'll call you later."

"Okay." I nodded and he walked out. I plopped down in my chair and sighed. What am I doing?

¥

"Andre are you going to eat your peas?" I put the spoon to his mouth.

"No."

"Why?"

"No."

"You want me to taste it?"

"Yes." I mixed the peas and put some in my mouth. I spit it in the napkin and looked at Andre who was staring.

"Let's eat something else." I looked in my cabinet and pulled out some Chef Boyardee and showed him.

"No."

"Are you going to keep saying no?"

"No."

"You want a sandwich?"

"No."

"Chips?"

"No."

"No you have eat something first."

"Okay."

"So ravioli."

"Yes." I opened the can and put it in a bowl. I heated it up and sat it in front of him. He was sitting in a towel on the floor.

"Why is my son naked?" Shawn asked as he walked kitchen.

"You acting like his ass out."

"One quick move it will be." I rolled my eyes and watched Andre eat. "It's good man."

"Yes." He had sauce running down his chest and some on his nose. "Here." He handed me the bowl.

I took the towel and wiped him off and cleaned the bowl. He pulled on my pants and looked up at me. I looked at him and he reached for my hand.

I gave him my hand and he walked me to the refrigerator and pointed. "Chips?"

"No."

"Ice cream."

"Yes." I got a ice pop out the freezer and gave it to him. I didn't want to give him ice cream because he just ate ravioli and that won't end good.

He ran to Shawn and gave him the ice pop. I wiped down the counter and swept the floor. I got the mop and spot mopped. I went into the living room and sat on the couch.

"What are you watching?" I asked.

"Deadliest Catch." I grabbed the small cover and put it over me. "Go throw it away." He looked Andre and Andre ran in the kitchen. I shook my head and laid down putting my feet in Shawn's lap. "You really got yo' feet on me."

"Yeah so."

"Get them off of me." He pushed them and I put it back. Andre got on the couch and laid next to me. Shawn pushed my feet off him again and I put them back. "Can you stop?"

"Can you stop?"

"Childish ass." He turned back to the tv.

¥

"Pick him up." I crossed my arms looking at Shawn.

"No he could walk."

"No, you are not about to wake him up."

"This is my son."

"I don't give a fuck."

"Man you bugging." He picked up a sleeping Andre and walked to the door.

I walked behind him opening the door. He turned around and looked at me. "I'll talk to you later."

"All right." He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes. I looked back into his eyes and bit my bottom lip.

He leaned down and I moved closer to him causing our lips to touch. I closed my eyes as my hands went the back of his neck and his free hand went to my lower back pulling me closer.

I pulled away and put my head on his chest with my eyes still closed. He moved his hand and I opened my eyes. I moved back some and looked at him. "Uh good night."

"Good night." I quickly closed the door and locked it.

Dammit Shawn!