Finding Macao

Edited on 26.12.18

Natsu's POV

I was looking at the jobs on the broad with (Y/n) and Happy. (Y/n) has been a bit - I don't know - clingy to Gray and I. It's off of her to be like this. And it's not the month of her father's death. I feel like (Y/n) is scared of something. I should keep her close to me..

"How about this one, guys? It's for 5,000€ jewels." (Y/n) said.

"What's it say?" Happy asked.

"Um... It's to stop a group of magic thieves who use card magic. They've been stealing from the richest people and going down." (Y/n) explained.

"No, we need something more with no fighting. You hurt your leg." I said, looking at the jobs.

"But I'm fine, Natsu! Please don't be like Gray. I hate it when he acts like that and he knows it. Yet, he still does it."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not getting you more hurt than you already are. That's that." I heard a sigh. I look to see (Y/n) a bit down. "I'm just looking out for you."

"I know.."

There was silents between us. I guess Happy realized it, so he tried to cheer us up by looking at the jobs. I kept looking at her. She was in deep thought. I pulled her close to me and gave her arms a slight squeeze, reassuring that I'm here for here if she needs me for anything.

"Na-Natsu.." (Y/n) stuttered out. I laid my chin on her head and sighed, looking down. Her arms found a way around me and hugged back.

I don't want to let her go.. But at the same time, I want to take her away from all this pain that I don't understand. I wish I did..

I pulled away and looked at her, giving her my signature grin. She smiled back.

"You love each other!~" Happy said.

"We do not!" The both of us shouted.

"Oh come on Natsu, everyone at the guild seen you and (Y/n) getting all sweet and protective for each other. Please tell me you see it." Wakaba said.

"Uh..."

"You're a big idiot..." Max said.

"Hey, you wanna fight?! Cause I'll fight you!" I yelled out, walking to the guy.

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked at Natsu wanting to fight Max. I just sweatdropped at this. Soon, I started to giggle. Wakaba walked up to me.

"Please tell me you at least see it." He said.

"Yeah, I do. But, it probably because we have lost someone close to us." I said softly. "Anyways, hows Macao and Romeo? I haven't seen them this week."

"(Y/n), I'm gonna tell you this and only because your close to Romeo. Macao told him that he'll be here soon when he took a job and he hasn't been here for week. Romeo's been worried about it. He thinks something bad happened to his dad." Wakaba whispered.

"And you're just telling me now? How come I didn't know about this?" I whispered back.

"I'm sorry. Macao told me to keep it away from you since you were close to him and Romeo. But I couldn't kept it in anymore. I'm sure Romeo is going to come in soon. He does around this time." With that Wakaba left to sit back down. And Natsu walked back to me.

"Hey guys! I got my guild mark! I'm officially a Fairy Tail wizard!" Lucy said, excitedly.

"Oh yeah? That's great. Welcome to the Fairy Tail guild, Luigi." Natsu said, as we looked again for a job.