Dear Kaby

Edited on 28.12.18

[Kaby's House]

(Y/n)'s POV

Natsu, Happy, Lucy and I were walking back to the house of Kaby Melon. My hand tighten around the book 'Day Break'. This isn't for someone like that fat guy back there. It's for someone important to this writer - his family. I thought.

"Hey, (Y/n). You okay? You seem a bit off right now." Natsu asked.

I just nodded. He stopped calling me 'Snow'. That's okay, but, I wish he could call me that more often. It makes me feel better when I'm down. Then again, he doesn't know that since I don't tell him things truthfully. A sigh escape my lips.

"Seriously (Y/n), what's wrong?" Natsu asked again.

"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine." I lied, giving Natsu a fake smile.

"Oh, uh, okay, I guess..." He muttered out. Happy was on my head, eating fish.

"Okay, we're here!" Lucy said. I look up to see the house, wondering why Kaby can't have this book to exist. We all walked inside and sat down other than me.

"Hello, have you destroyed the book?" Kaby asked. I walked up to him and handed him the book.

"This book has a spell on it..." I said straight out, giving him the book.

"Bu-But, I asked for this book to be burned. Why isn't it burned in ashes?" He asked, pushing it back towards me.

"We both read the book and I'm sure that there's a spell on this book." Lucy said, walking up to us.

"I've asked you to destroy it. I'll ask again, why are you handing it to me?"

"If you want to burn the book, then I think you should do it yourself." 

"Then I'll do so myself. I never want to see this book again." Kaby took the book and allowed us all to go inside his house. Natsu and Happy had stayed behind Lucy and myself while we tried to reason with Kaby.

"I understand why you would like to burn and destroy this book, Kaby..."

"You want to protect your father's legacy. The reason why you want to protect it is that your the son of Kemu Zaelon." I started. "But, that's not his real name, is it?"

"How do you—"

"—You are the son of Kemu Zaelon, or should I say Zekua Melon?" I cut off Lucy.

"(Y/n), what are you—"

"—You are a son of a famous novelist, Zekua Melon. He passed away from a suicide attempt that was succeeded. Am I correct?" I cut off Happy.

Kaby sighed, looking down. "Yes. That is correct, (Y/n). How did you know that?"

"Research. Reading your father's books. You take after him." I said. "I've visited your father's grave once and told him that I greatly appreciated his stories. He was a wonderful man."

"Thank you for your kindness. But, you don't know the story behind he's death. You see, he was writing this story. My father disappeared for three years writing this story. I've asked him many times where he's been. But he ignored me and said, 'Somewhere where I will not return.' I didn't understand stand it at the time. He cut off his own arm, saying he will not write again. After cutting his own arm, my family rushed him into a hospital. I grew angry at him after he told me that he was with Duke Everlue. I told him that he'd regret writing for him. He said that it was good money that he was paying. I didn't care, it got him laying on a bed, with only one arm. He was smiling, happy that he was finished with that book. Soon, he said that it was he's master piece. I've told him things I regret till this day. And not long after that, he passed away. The angry and betrayal I felt for him led on into remorse. It's to late for me to ask him for forgiveness."