Lonely tears

"Even so...I really do love him."

~

Ijuuin Kyou, one of Marukawa Shoten's best selling authors. Other than his books, people are rather attracted by his good looks. However, they are soon disillusioned after they see what he's like during the writing process. Of course, it's nothing compared to Usami-sensei however, it is in it's own way, horrible.

Having entered several slumps or writers block you may say, he managed to get through with experience only. Yet there was a time, about three years ago, when things were quite difficult and he happened to meet someone new. Someone who helped him out of his slump, someone who had appeared just at the right time.
~
Flashback!!! Hehehehe
~
The man had been going through troubles with the deadline coming close. And so, anything he came up with he had assumed was below par. His editor had tried to calm him down, but to no avail.

"Sensei! Pull yourself together!"

"This wont make it anyway, so just throw that manuscript away!"

"Sensei, please stop it!"

And then, the company's director had walked into the room along with a young man. "What's the matter?"

"Ah Director," exclaimed the editor,"It's Ijuuin-sensei's manuscript..."

"Not again."

The director was exhausted and having one of their best-selling authors unable to draw was not good. So, he tried to think of something to help him and then he realized.

"Look here sensei, right here is one of your biggest fans." The director pointed to the young man who had been standing there the whole time, Takahashi Misaki.

"Hmph! I know you're just lying. You'll just end up liking other works in a snap!"

Misaki definitely did not agree with Ijuuin-sensei's words and interrupted, "That's not true! I've always enjoyed Ijuuin-sensei's works! I only bought your comics at first, but now I also buy the magazines! I've also filed all the articles sensei has written. I also won your autograph board just recently."

Such lip service wont work, is what he thought but when he saw Misaki's face, he could tell he was serious. "Is...is that so..." Was all he managed to say. And the young man continued.

"I've been reading 'The Kan' for so long, it already took half of my lifetime! I... I really love you sensei!"
~
Flashbacks over!!!
~
Back then, it was those words that saved him. It may have been anything a fan would've said or just simple words of encouragement, but for sensei, they meant the world to him due to the sincerity behind those words.

And after holding onto those same words for three years, the author had met his number one fan yet again. He recognized him almost immediately and soon afterwards went to have a chat with him. It was there that Ijuuin Kyou met Usami Akihiko.

Ijuuin had met Misaki several other times due to Misaki's part-time work at Marukawa. And through that time, the man realized that he had actually fallen for Misaki. Of course, he confessed his feelings after however, there was an obstacle, Misaki's lover Usami Akihiko. Even if there was another man in Misaki's life, Ijuuin hadn't planned to give up. He tried, asked Misaki out for dinners and finally met him once more on a trip.

Yet...he saw he Usami there too, as well as his cousin Kaoruko. He was then told that he was causing trouble for everyone, Misaki included. His love was something that troubled Misaki as well as the others around him. This, of course, usually wouldn't have mattered to him however, the impact it made when he thought he was disturbing Misaki, hurt Ijuuin very much.

For awhile, he was quite down and unable to look Misaki in the eyes. After pursuing him for so long, he never thought he was simply forcing his feelings upon Misaki. Though he was upset, with time he got over it and had thought things over with himself.

I will not give up.
No matter what has happened, I won't give up, I'll simply have a different approach to this.

Is what he thought but...easier said than done. As he was walking down the halls of Marukawa, he heard a noise. Ijuuin went to check up on it only to find out it was someone's sobs. He turned the corner and saw a man crying.

It was his manga assistant, Yanase Yuu.