Mission Failed

Hope u enjoy the chapterrrrr :)

And idk if its just me but i feel like the story's getting a bit boring so ill try moving it forward more

anyway once again ENJOYYY <3

-----

"I love you enough to do things I don't normally do."

-----

Ijuuin was now determined. He has definitely realized that lately he's been way too wishy-washy. There was so much on his plate that he felt like everything was getting messed up. His feelings for Misaki, the situation with Yanase and not to mention his job. But with the help of Kirishima Zen, he is now back on track.

He was confused at first though. Ijuuin definitely saw problems with getting over Misaki and whatever he feels for Yanase. But now he's just going to let anything that's supposed to happen, happen. If he stops loving Misaki, okay. If he completely falls for Yanase, okay. If he gets hurt, okay. No one comes out unscathed from love anyway.

Now, all Ijuuin has to do is decide what he actually wants to do. The first thing that came to mind was a confession. To Ijuuin, he just thought that better sooner than later, right? So now he has to decide when and how to confess.

Cooly and calmly? Wouldn't want Yanase to see him looking uncool.

Casually? To not make the situation awkward or pressure or stress Yanase. Or to simply just protect the author a bit by pretending its not a big deal.

Passionately? You know, so that maybe he'll consider it more seeing his feelings? Actually, no. No no no. That is so not Ijuuin's style.

Ijuuin's mind kept going around in circles until he finally decide. "Yosh, it'll be an upfront and sincere confession. Wait no, is that too much? Hmm..." And then Ijuuin started mumbling to himself about confession this, confession that until he got interrupted by an assistant of his.

"Ano...sensei. This is a cooking manga right? So um, why are you talking about confessions?" The young assistant gave a small laugh as Ijuuin was brought back to reality and working on the manuscript.

But he was still thinking of a confession plan.

-

Meanwhile on Yanase's side, sadly, Ijuuin was not constantly on Yanase's mind like Yanase was on his.

Rather, Yanase was busy with other things and the author just never came to mind. The other authors he was helping out had so much work that they didn't do, so Yanase was helping them out so much that he was not doing well the past few days. He couldn't even see Chiaki often to cheer himself up and even when he did, Hatori was there too which only turned his mood sour.

He finally got a break and decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood before going home to rest. He kept on walking and eventually, he passed by Ijuuin's apartment. He paused for a second wondering if he should stop by for a visit but decided to just continue walking since they weren't all that close anway. Plus sensei would feel bothered too if he just randomly came over to his apartment.

He'd gotten only 10 meters past his apartment when he heard someone calling out his name. "AH! Yanase-san!" He turned around to see a fellow assistant walking towards the apartment with a bag of snacks in his hand.  "What are you doing here Yanase-san? Oh come on in! Im sure you wouldnt mind saying hi to everyone right?" I do mind, he thought. "Sure," replied Yanase simply because he didn't want to be rude.

He walked in to see sensei's face change multiple times upon his entrance.

-

So Ijuuin was working on his manuscript, working so hard that he didn't even bother looking up. But when he heard who said hello, his head immediately shot up. "Yanase-kun?!"

Of course, his first reaction was shock
but then it changed to happiness because it was the first time he's seen the assistant in awhile. Then he remembered that he was still trying to figure out how he was supposed to confess and that he was so not ready to see Yanase. He also realized that he still needs to greet the assistant so he got up and walked towards Yanase. He turned around to look at his other assistants, "Im going to take a little break for some tea with Yanase, okay? Work hard guys."

Two of them then walked out of the room into the kitchen and Ijuuin made him some tea. It startes off with some small talk like how've you been doing? and stuff like that. But on Ijuuin's mind he was still thinking of how to confess to his assistant. Yanase noticed him go silent and get lost in his thoughts so he asked, "What's up sensei? What are you thinking so hard about?"

Ijuuin looked up and thoughtlessly said, "Oh, I was just planning on how to confess to you...ah." Only then did he realize what he has done. Yanase's face showed his disbelief at first, then just shock and now it was indeterminable.

Okay...that just went so wrong and not how I wanted it to be.

-

Ayyyyy confessionn XDDD
What did you guys think?
Hope u enjoyed the chapter :)