Not So Bad (Chapter One)

She's been driving for miles, for ten hours straight. She didn't know where she was going and she didn't care, she just had to get away, she had all of her stuff in her car, she wasn't going back. It was eleven at night and she had to stop for gas, the last sign she passed said it would be fifty miles until she got to the next gas station. The last thing she would want to happen would be to run out of gas and to get stuck in the middle of nowhere. There was worry in the back of her mind. What if he was following her? He couldn't have been. She had stopped for gas before and she didn't see him. There was still that feeling of fear in her mind, the fear that he would find her and what he would do to her when he did. It could have been the location too. There weren't many lights around the exit she got off of. The lights were dim at the gas station she stopped at and it was a cold and foggy November night. There were open fields around her, she checked her phone and of course... there was no service. She was in the middle of nowhere. There was no one else out there just the store owner and some other guy inside, the sooner she got back on the road the better she would feel. She didn't like the idea of being alone at night, especially in the middle of nowhere. Everything seemed strangely quiet, but all of that changed in a matter of seconds.

There was a guy in the store, he was threatening the store owner with a knife. The store owner backed away and the guy took the money from the register. The guy that went in there was on foot and he knew he needed to get away as fast as he could. She wasn't paying attention to what was going on inside the store, so when the guy came up to her he scared her.

"Hey! back away from the car right now and I won't slice your neck open."

"What!? No! You can't take my car."

She knew this was a bad idea, but she tried to fight the guy anyway.

"I don't think you understand... I wasn't asking."

He put the bag of money down and was going to come at her with a knife. She held up her hands in defense, but the knife made contact with the top part of her shoulder cutting deep. She screamed out in pain and fear. Before he did anything else she kicked the knife out of his hand. The guy was getting frustrated, instead of going for the knife he pinned her up against a wall and hit her in the face. He wrapped his hand around her throat, she tried to scream but no sound came out. She couldn't do anything, it was getting hard to breathe and she couldn't move. She was sure that she was going to die, but she heard someone scream at the guy and she heard sirens. The guy let her go and she fell down to the ground reaching at her throat and struggling for air. She watched helplessly as the guy took her car. There was also a guy chasing after him, she thought he was a police officer, but the guy wasn't wearing a police uniform. The guy cussed under his breath as he watched the guy drive away. He tried to catch him, but the guy got to the car before he could stop him.

He turned his attention to the frightened, shaking young woman on the ground. She still had her hand on her throat as she struggled to breathe. She saw the knife just inches away from her on the ground. She had tears in her eyes and she backed away as he approached her. Her voice cracked as she tried to speak.

"No, please stay away from me."

"It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. I ran that guy off. I'm sorry... I tried to catch him, but he was closer to your car and he drove off. I'm sorry I couldn't stop him. Thank goodness I got here when I did. Don't worry, help is on the way."

She moved her hand from her throat to her shoulder. He could see the hand print that was left on her throat and the mark on her face. He tried to look past the wounds on her. She was a short woman, probably not much taller than five feet, she had dark brown hair and eyes. While he was looking at her she also found herself looking at him. He had on a thin shirt and she could see his abs through his shirt, he had a pretty thin beard, brown eyes, mostly dark hair, but with a streak of blonde on the right side of his head.

"Just relax... I'll get you taken care of as soon as I can."

He only had a few napkins in his pocket, but he took them out and wrapped it around her shoulder to try to stop the bleeding.

"I'm Seth Rollins. What's your name?"

He holds out his hand for her to shake. Her hand was shaking, she was still in shock, but she shook his hand anyway. It seemed like they felt an instant connection and their eyes locked.

"I'm Olivia... Olivia Owens."

"Nice to meet you Olivia... I just wish it would have been under better circumstances."

A police car and an ambulance pulled up just a few moments apart. One of the officers thought that Seth was the guy attacking her. The knife was still laying on the ground not far from her.

"No wait officer! He's the guy that saved me. The other guy took off in my car with all of my stuff."

The officer backs away and starts asking questions of what the guy looked like. The store owner had a video camera and showed the video and luckily got a good detailed view of the guy. The guy that robbed the store and took Olivia's car is wanted for similar crimes throughout the area. The officer spoke up.

"You're really lucky this guy showed up. If we hadn't of got here in time and if he hadn't of been here you could be dead right now. That cut is pretty deep. You should probably get that checked out."

As she was being put in an ambulance she kept looking at Seth.

"Thank you Seth."

"No problem. Don't worry I'll be right behind you."

He didn't know what it was, but he didn't want to leave her just yet. He got into his car and followed her to the nearest hospital. He made sure to call Stephanie McMahon and tell her that he wouldn't make it to Raw.

"Hey Stephanie it's Seth."

"Hi Seth what's going on?"

"I'm not going to make it to Raw tonight. There was an emergency and I'm not going to make it."

"Oh. What happened?"

"There was a guy that got robbed at a gas station and this guy took some girl's car. He tried to kill her. When I showed up he took off. I had to stay and make sure the girl was ok. I'm sorry Stephanie, but I'm not going to make it to Raw tonight."

"Ok we'll take care of this. I hope everything turns out ok. Bye Seth."

"Bye."

Seth hung up the phone and followed the ambulance to the hospital. He was forced to wait in a waiting room for about thirty minutes before he was allowed to go back to see her. Since he had to wait so long he thought he would try to do something to try to make her feel better once he saw her. There was a certain shop inside the hospital. He smiles and thought he would surprise her. He went in and bought her something special. He was sure that she would be ok, but he wanted to see her anyway. When they first locked eyes he could feel this instant connection, he just had to see her again. Olivia was hooked up to an IV and now had stitches in her shoulder. There was no one in the room with her. She remembered that she had everything in her car and that guy took everything away from her. It wasn't like her life was all that great before, but now she literally had nothing. She would have to stay for the night, after that she didn't know what she would do. She broke down as tears went down her face. She didn't hear everything Seth said to her before she left so she was surprised when she saw him. She didn't expect to see him again. She wiped the tears from her eyes as she saw him. He had flowers in his hands.

"Seth?"

(To be continued. Let me know what you think so far.)