Not So Bad (Chapter 19)

Once Olivia walked out of the hotel room she felt slightly uncomfortable with Dean and Roman. She wasn't sure if she should trust anyone other than Seth. She wanted to give Dean and Roman a chance, she didn't want Seth to stay awake all the time being worried about her. Olivia followed Dean and Roman to Roman's hotel room. Roman would order room service for the three of them. Dean Ambrose was still tired so he was laying down on a bed in the room. He was out once his head hit the pillow, Roman and Olivia could both hear him snoring heavily. Olivia wanted to be quiet so she didn't wake up Dean. Roman laughed when he heard Dean snoring. The TV in the room wasn't on so Olivia had to do something to make herself look busy, the atmosphere in the room seemed a bit awkward so she checked her phone to see if Seth had called her or texted her. Roman looked over at Olivia and noticed that she seemed uncomfortable. Roman cleared his throat getting her attention.

"You know Olivia... you don't have to be quiet, it's ok to talk."

"Oh... I was being quiet because Dean is asleep over there."

"Don't worry about him, he could sleep through the apocalypse. What's up with you? You don't seem like you're very comfortable here."

"Well, I've been through a lot with my ex, and The Wyatts, so sorry for not exactly trusting you right away."

"It's understandable, you don't know me or Dean all that well so why would you trust us? Trust is something that you earn. It's hard for us to believe that Seth has really changed, but you mean everything to him and he's not really the Sell Out that we thought he was. You should have seen him break down when he thought he would never see you again. He cares about you, he's not the selfish jerk we thought he was, he's not so bad after all. It will take a while to get used to having Seth as part of The Shield again, but if there is one thing that you should know, it's that The Shield stick together. In our last match with The Wyatt Family Dean and I had Seth's back, and he had ours. Like I told you that night we saved you from the Wyatts, we are better as a team than on our own. Seth doesn't want to admit it, but he's actually glad that we're back with him because he can't protect you from The Wyatt Family by himself. Consider yourself The Shield's Mascot I guess, maybe number one fan. We're here to Shield you from anything that comes your way."

Olivia started laughing at this.

"What's so funny?"

"Was that a joke? It was a pun... the name of the group is The Shield, and you said you were here to Shield me. That was kind of funny."

They were interrupted by Dean Ambrose.

"Yeah... we're not so bad once you get to know us."

A guy that was in charge of room service showed up at the door and Roman let him in. It was time for them to eat, but they still talked while they ate.

"Dean I thought you were asleep."

"No... I wasn't really I was just resting my eyes for a few minutes."

"Is that why we heard you snoring?"

"I wanted you to think I was asleep, but I heard everything you were saying."

"Then why didn't you come over and talk with us?"

"Eh... Roman is the more sociable member of The Shield, the powerhouse, Seth is the brains, and now according to you, he's the big softie of The Shield, and me... I'm the Wild Card, The Lunatic Fringe."

Olivia smiled when he said that Seth was a big softie. Hanging out with Dean and Roman wasn't as bad as she thought it would be, but she was already starting to miss Seth. She wondered how he was doing, or if he was getting any sleep.