ch. 5

C H A P T E R F I V E

If I was in L.A. right now, I'd either be practicing new dance moves or be with Cody. I sigh and lie down on my small bed. I hate thinking of my ex-boyfriend – Cody. Although he's an asshole, I know that if he asks me to forgive him, I probably would without a second thought. I love him. It's hard to believe because he doesn't seem to feel anything for me and it really sucks when a relationship is one-sided but this is the truth. Cody had me under his spell since the moment we met. His deep brown eyes, his seductive smirk and God, those goddamn lips...I groan to myself as I start remembering all the times we kissed. My chest is hurting. I can't believe that we've been through all of this just for him to end it in the ugliest way ever: cheat on me with a fan.

When I found out (the video was posted on YouTube), I had never felt so betrayed in my life. The consequences of the heartbreak soon followed – I forgot steps in live shows, I started getting drunk, I was 'rude' to a few fans. I hadn't meant for all of this to happen but once something happens at level one, media makes it appear level twenty eight. Getting drunk one night and the other day, 'Selena Gomez addicted to drugs and alcohol in desperate want to get over ex boyfriend' was headlining. I had declined a fan's request to take a picture because I wasn't feeling great and 'Dancer S. Gomez behaves rudely to small fan, makes her cry and acts like a diva...all for simple attention and pity!' was on every newspaper the following day.

It still irks me that it's always the girl who's the 'crazy ex girlfriend who's seeking for attention'. Boys can never do anything wrong. Even when the proof that they cheated is on the Internet!

I shake those thoughts out of my head. I'm on vacation to get away from this and it's exactly what I'm going to do. I get up from my bed and switch on my phone. I go through my dancing playlist and put on a random song, I don't even know the artist's name. I glance around to be sure that no one is in sight and with a sly smile, I'm doing what I do best – dancing.

My feet move rhythmically to the beat and I realise that no matter if two thousand people support me or nobody at all, I will never stop doing this. Dancing runs through my veins. The way my heart pounds and I can trust my body to move to the music proves that this is what I'm meant to do.

My hands leave my waist as I spin around but I almost trip when I see someone leaning against the doorframe. I immediately stop, running out of breath as my eyes meet Justin's.

Between gasps, I manage to screech, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Well, aren't you the nicest girl ever?"

"Justin. Get out of my room! You should've knocked, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"The door was open," he states, as if this gave him the sufficient right to watch me, "And I'm here to pick you up. Your mom sent me upstairs. Let's go."

"Pick me up?" I ask, "To go where?"

He looks at me for a moment then sighs loudly, "My mother. She wants me to give you a second chance with the whole farm thing so you decide whether you take it or not because, either way, I don't care."

Although he is grumpy and constantly bugs me, I decide to go nonetheless. Because I have nothing better to do here anyway. My parents are at work and Lana at school, I might as well enjoy the funs of farming.

"Give me a sec, I'll get ready," I tell him.

He nods and walks out.

...

"So...let's sum it up, you're not very good in the whole cleaning and plantation department," Justin starts as I struggle to put back the dirty boots. We're back in the farm. And it's good so far – we haven't tried to strangle each other.