ch. 14

Sleeping in someone's arms apparently brings peace to your mind. I'm not sure where but I did read that somewhere in the past and I've even experienced that with my ex-boyfriend, Cody, multiple times when we dated. Maybe it's the way the person wraps their arms protectively around you – as if sheltering you from everything else and blocking out the world. Maybe it's the warmth of their body radiating onto yours or their steady heartbeats and intakes of breaths that creates a peaceful environment in which you feel nothing but comfort.

Whatever it is, it surely is true. And I have missed the feeling of sleeping with someone but today when I wake up, the feeling is back again. Justin's arms have somehow ended up around my waist, loosely wrapping my body close to him and I smell the familiar scent of the cologne Lana had forced me to buy him. I do know that we'll eventually have to go back to reality soon but just for the instance, I decide to enjoy the warmth of his body against mine and I smile. Okay now you're being creepy, I think and finally push myself away from him. The action causes him to stir and finally he opens his eyes and blinks a few times. Yawning, he asks, "What time is it?"

I shrug and sit up properly. I grab my iPhone and turn it on to look at the time. "Almost eight," I answer.

"We should be up by now. Aren't we supposed to le—"

Before he can finish his sentence, my mom barges in our room. Literally. She just pushes the door open and comes in like a damn hurricane.

"You could knock," I mumble.

"Why? I'm just your mom," she says and then glances at Justin.

She raises her eyebrows playfully at us. "Did you two..."

I don't understand at first but when I realise what she means, I jump off the bed and scrunch up my nose. "Ugh no," I groan.

Justin laughs. "Uh we...had a little accident last night," he says.

Although that doesn't quite calm my mom's racing mind. She smirks at what he said and I understand that the 'little accident' we had last night obviously means something else in her inappropriate head.

"Mom," I drag on her name, "yesterday I got drunk and I puked all over Justin's bed therefore we shared a bed in the most innocent and simple way possible."

My mom stares at me for a few seconds and eventually laughs it off. I've always liked this about her – she never truly paid much attention to what I did as long as I know what I'm doing. I've been an independent girl since as long as I can remember because going out of country at such a young age definitely gave me confidence. And my mother has always put her entire trust in me and this is an important point in parental bonds – you need to trust your kid sometimes.

"Okay kids do your thing but Selena, the van you called to get us back home will be here in less than an hour. You both get ready, okay?" Mom says, flashing us a smile and walking out of the room.

I glance at Justin, "Uh...that's it."

"Yeah. Glad we didn't try to kill each other while living together," he jokes.

I smile. "I tried to stab you in your sleep but you were snoring in such a cute manner that I didn't."

He scoffs, "I was not snoring," he retorts but I can see the lightest shade of pink plastered on his cheeks.

"Oh please I'm sure people back home even heard you," I state.

He rolls his eyes dismissively and we both start to get ready. We pack up our things in a few minutes and I change into new clothes and we're both ready to leave. We meet up with our parents and Lana at the entrance of the Sunvenue hotel. And as usual, Lana runs to Justin and he picks her up, keeping her close to him. I watch them in awe and this time it's not because I'm jealous of their relationship but more about the fact that we're all finally getting along.