Chapter 14

*Silence*

I looked over at Mr.Xavier and he seemed a little shocked. It only took a second though and he smiled lightly.

"It's a very cozy home Alexandria." 

He walked in and set Deli down then took his jacket off and sat it on the back of one of the kitchen chairs. He then looked back to me somewhat expectantly.

"So where do we start?"

I just laughed "I'll go grab Rose, is it okay to leave Deli with you for a second?" I looked down and Deli had brought out some of her dolls. I knew that she was going to start badgering him on playing. She was already tugging on his pants leg.

"Sure that's no problem I believe I'm about to play with some dolls." He turned from me smiling and grabbing Deli's hand walking him towards a small patch of free space on the carpet. 

I walked out of the apartment and towards Rose's. I knocked and waited for her to come, a few second later she was at the door.

"Hey Rose would you like to join Deli, Mr.Xavier, and I for dinner tonight?"

"Mr.Xavier? You finally brought him home?" She seemed almost excited.

I talk to Rose almost every night and I told her stories about Mr.Xavier and Deli and the restaurant. She's someone I can comfortably talk to about anything.

"The question kind of just came out, he was having a bad day, and before I knew it I had blurted out the question of dinner with us....Wait what do you mean by finally.

She grinned and then walked away.

"Nothing dear let me just go get some decent clothes on and I'll be ready."

About ten minutes later we were out the door with some ingredients for brownies later this evening. 

Walking into the apartment I saw a slightly peeved looked Xavier playing with Deli, who didn't even seemed phase. My stomach dropped, This is the first time I've seen him alone with Deli. Does he not Like her? Is he just pretending to get along with her?

His head shot up when he heard the door close and he made a motion to get up but Deli grabbed his arm not letting him go.

"Nwo Where not dwone." She whined pulling him back down.

"Deli He may be a little tired of dollies now." I was worried that she was really irritating him.

"No It's okay I don't mind." He turned towards Deli

"Let's continue shall we?" They started brushing the dolls hair again while Deli talked about her school day and anything she could think of.

Still I was a little uneasy, worried that Xavier was getting tired of Deli and I. Rose and I headed towards the kitchen and I called over to Xavier.

"What would you like, We can make Spaghetti and meatballs, Chicken Alfredo, or homemade pizza?"

"Anything Works for me thank you, that all sounds great."

I sighed I hate it when a decision is left up to me, So I'll just pawn it off on Rose.

"Alright Rose what do you think?"

"I'm thinking some homemade pizza Alex."

"I think that sounds great."

We talked and laughed sharing stories about our day. Deli and Xavier had moved on to the couch where Deli had put on her favorite Disney Movie. The one about a Princes and a Frog. She was laying down with the head on Xavier's lap and he had his on her arm. They both seemed pretty content. I was staring at them a moment engrossed in my own thoughts when Rose came over and bumped me.