Chapter 17

Alexandria's Pov.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the car numb. My mind was racing and I couldn't figure out what to do. My adrenaline was still pumping  yet somehow I was exhausted. I looked over at William, almost too afraid to speak to him. Hell I didn't even know what to say. I shouldn't have screamed at him no, he saved my life, Possibly even Deli's and Rose's too. I feel helpless when I'm around him, I've always taken care of myself and those around me, having someone take care of me makes me feel defeated in a way.

My eyes started dropping shut but I was determined to stay awake. Somehow though I found myself greeting darkness. 

Xavier's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we pulled into the apartment complex Alexandria was sound asleep. I don't blame her, with what she just went through anyone would be exhausted. I looked back and Delilah was surprisingly still awake. But she was sitting there staring off into space. 

"Deli.....Deli, what;s wrong?"

Her head jerked in my direction and she stared a moment before answering. 

"Mommy has been acting strwangely"

"She's been through a lot today Deli."

"No, nwot today. Every since mommy and Will stwopped playing together Mowommy's been sad."

My heart almost beat out of my chest as I looked over at Alexandria, still sleeping against the door. Did she miss me as much as I missed her?

"Deli, Mommy's asleep and I don't want to wake her, are you able to walk beside me into the building?"

Delilah Puffed out her chest and smiled widely. 

"Uh-huh" She nodded her head. 

I walked over the her side of the car and released her from her car seat setting her down on the ground. I then Slowly opened Alexandria's door careful not to wake her up. I unbuckled her and picked her up.

"Deli can you please close the door for me?"

Delilah nodded and close the door following behind me. I couldn't see her as we were nearing the door and I got anxious, after what happened tonight I don't want either of them out of my sight.

"Delilah, make sure you stay close." 

She look up at my with wide eyes and nodded grabbing on to my pant leg. We entered the apartments and I asked Delilah to pushed the buttons which she excitedly did, causing my to chuckle. She was an adorable little kid.

Once we got to my apartment I handed Delilah the keys. It took her a few try but she finally managed to get the key in the lock. She wasn't able to turn it, but I was able to shift Alexandria enough that I could turn the key. 

Once inside I laid Alexandria down on my bed. Delilah was finally starting to yawn. It was late enough that Rose already had her in her pajamas. I started to put her to sleep in the spare bedroom but got nervous, so I put her and Alexandria in my room and slept on the couch and left the door open. This way if something happens I'll be able to hear. Once they were both tucked in and sound asleep I headed to the couch. 

I don't know how many times I got up during the night to check on them but I didn't get much sleep. Around seven I walked in and Delilah was wide awake just laying there. Alexandria had yet to wake up and I wanted her to sleep as long as possible.