Chapter five

William Xavier

It's been close to a week and the woman has yet to contact my lawyers. I'm getting pissed if this woman thinks she can take me to court and milk this thing than she has another thing coming. I could get her for child endangerment and damaging my car and so many other things she won't even see it coming. I had Angela bring me some information on her. I got her name from the hospital and had angela just get some simple information on her.

Alexandria Pain

Age: 21

Marital Status: Single

Mother: Deceased

Father: Deceased

Siblings: Brother-Deceased

Children: Daughter- Delilah Pond Age-4

Work: Cisco's Diner

She was just a poor single mother. Her daughter didn't even share her same last name. She must have her fathers last name. Speaking of that apparently the fathers not in the picture then. For the daughter to be four years old and her only to be twenty-one she could have been more than seventeen when she had her, She probably wasn't even out of high school yet. I just shook my head, sounds about right, she's looking for some easy money. What's her plan though if she hasn't even contacted my lawyers. Is a couple hundred thousand dollars not enough for her.

        I called my lawyers asking the if they've heard from her yet.

"Hello, Mr. Xavier?"
"Yes Pierson I was wondering if Alexandria Pain has contacted you about any law suits yet?"

"Uh Alexandria Pain?"

"Yes Pierson the girl that I hit last week. I asked you to send the hospital your information and for her to contact you to settle and legal fees outside of the courts."

The line went quiet.

"Pierson?"

"Ye-es si-ir?"

"You forgot to send her the information didn't you?"

"Well you see sir we had so much piling up that night and we had planned to but the papers must have been slid under some other papers and uhh.."

"Did you or did you not forget to send the paper!"

"We forgot sir!"

I grunted and ran my hand through my hair.

"You realize she could try and sue me for millions right? If she takes this to the courts and to the media we mine as well have a scandal! Do you know what will happen if this hits the media!"

"No Sir"

"If the media even gets a wiff of this I swear I will-" I was cut off by a buzz from Angela at the front desk.

"Sir you have young woman down here asking to see you. She doesn't have an appointment but her name is Alexandria Pain."

I stopped in my tracks. No way the little witch is not standing downstairs wanting to see me. I smirked she must want to try and get her money. 

I hung up my phone and responded to the intercom.

"Send her up."

Minutes later a timid knock at my door signaled that she was here. I expected her to just barge in so the timid knock was a little suprising. I opened the door and was greeted by a giant plastic wrapped basket full of food.

"Sorry" I heard a quiet mumble and the girl sat down the basket.

After setting down the basket she turned around. Let me say this she was beautiful in the hospital but conscious she was stunning. Her bruises were clearing up, the cut was almost gone. She wasn about 5'7 with and athletic build, beautiful large teal blue eye, that complemented her dark hair amazingly. She was wearing a of black skinny jeans and I nice light blue teal blouse. She looked around the office awkwardly. 

"Sooo..." She said clapping her hands.

God her voice is sweet. William get ahold of yourself. I narrowed my eyes at this stunning little witch.

"My lawyers will be sending you paper work today, we had a small problem that caused the paperwork not to be sent the day after the 'accident'." I venomously spat at her.

She cringed at my words and looked at me worridly.

"Sir is there anyway we can work this out, outside of lawyers and courts?"

I look at her curiously, that was unexpected. Then I smirked, if she wants my money she's going to have to work for it. She must want something more than just my money. Huh she is just like all the other girls. I walked to my door locking the dead bolt and came up towards her till I was only a few inches away. She stood at barely my shoulder and was looking around startled.

"What were you thinking? hmmm?" I stepped closer whispering in her ear.

She tried backing up only to hit the bookcase behind her. Once again I wasn't expecting that. 

"I'm sorry uh I think I should go."

She started for the door and I grabbed her waist stopping her. What the hell is she doing. Isn't this what she wanted. I looked down at her and captured her lips in mine. I expected her to melt in the arms but she did the opposite. She pushed me back with much more force than I thought she could muster and then slapped me. Yes She, actually slapped me. I looked at her shocked. She was looking at her hand and then at me. She looked mortified, What the hell is going on here.

"What the hell was that? What did you come here for? If you wanted to take my money and milk me dry you could have done that without even showing up to my office. You want to settle this outside of courts how exactly were you planning to do that? huh? Threaten to bring the media into this? A single mother, who was a teen mom, and has no money will get no where. I can own all the tabloids like that." I snapped my fingers in emphasis.

"Besides you and I both know you jumped in front of my car so you could sue me for damages. A poor women with a daughter and dead beat father. How else would you make some easy money. I will say though I'm suprised you brought your daughter along. You must have really wanted to be convincing in your little charade."

I stepped closer to her again backing her against the wall and making it impossible for her to escape. She looked up at me defiantly.

"Actually Buddy I came here to apologize. I was going to thank you for paying my hospital bill and see if I could stop you from sueing me for damages against your car. But-" She stepped closer kneeing me in the groin.

"I'd rather lose my saving and live on the street than be talked down to by a man who doesn't know shit!"

She walked out of the office leaving me crouched over holding my groin and completly confused. 

Wait she was going to ask me not to sue her?

_______________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it.