Chapter 3

William Xavier

        "Dont you even bother coming in tomorrow if you can't even manage to finish filing those this evening! If you can manage to ogle me all day you should be able to file a few papers!"

I hung up the phone pissed off. Sure tiffany was smoking hot which is why I originally hired her. The ogling and flirting was amusing at first and now it's just irritating. I'm tired of women just throwing themselves at me. Ever since I became one of the wealthiest men in the city I've had nothing but hoards of woman hanging on me left and right. Ofcourse I've slept around a bit but I'm not interested in girls that are so easy that I could snap my fingers and they'd open their legs. 

Sighing I closed my phone tightly and spoke to my driver.

"Paul can you call Angela and have her find me a new secretary? Tiffany will no longer cut it."

Paul just smirked and nodded. Suddenly though He hit the brakes and I heard a thud.

"Paul what the hell was that?"

"Sir I believe we just hit someone."

I can't believe this. Paul jumped out of the car and I slowly slid out of the seat. Opening the door I saw a crowd of people oggling and taking pictures. Great just what I need more publicity. I made my way to the front of the car to see a young girl lying in the road. She had a cut on her head that was bleeding and she was unconcious. I was about to make my way towards her when I heard a little screaming.

"MOMMY MOMMMY HEEELP MWOOMMY!"

This little girl ran up to her and started shaking her. Great this just got a hell of a lot more difficult. I walk up to the woman and checked her pulse, she was breathing but it was getting shallow. Crap she can't die, not right now in the middle of the street with her child here. I grabbed her child to stop her from shaking her mom any more and causing possibly more damage. I tried to calm the little girl down the best I could but she was hysterical. 

"Shhh Shhh it's okay" I picked the girl up and held her against me rocking her a bit.

Okay where'd that come from? I'm not a fatherly type, hell I'm not even good with kids usually. I looked over at Paul and he was on the phone with the police and trying to keep the crowd from getting too close. The little girl eventually settled down and clung to my chest still silently crying.

        What seemed like and eternity late the ambulance showed up putting her in on a stretcher. The little girl started screaming again.

"MOMMY NOO. DON'T TAKE MOMMA, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 

The police came over to me. Recognizing me.

"Sorry Mr. Xavier, I'll take her in my car and follow the ambulance to the hospital. Hopefully I can contact someone to get her from there."  He reached for the girl but she clung on the me and refused to let go.

"Why don'tI follow the ambulance there. After all My car hit her I'm at least responsible to see to it that her child gets to the hospital safely."

"Thanks Mr. Xavier"

I put the little girl in the car and slid in right as Paul was getting in. He looked at me strangely and then to the little girl.

"Sir?"

"Just follow the ambulance" I sighed this is not what I expected my evening to come out to. Taking care of a hysteric little girl after her mother got hit by my car. I kept wondering though how'd we end up hitting her?

I've heard of people jumping out in front of cars and sueing the car owners. I guess probably a pretty reasonable answer. After all my car is expensive, and most people can recognize my custom pure midnight black paint bently with tinted windows and a license plate reading Xavier. Great I'm about to have one hell of a lawsuit on my hands.