Chapter 16

Xavier's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I looked down at her Glaring at me. I ignored her, I was still slightly fuming, angry that she put herself in danger like that. In the lowest and calmest voice I could I all but whispered to her

"Never do something that stupid and reckless again!"

She stepped back, jaw slacking a little. Finally she managed to blurt out a few words.

"What else was I supposed to do?"

I didn't know, all I knew was that what she did was potentially dangerous and could have cost her her life. The thought of her life ending right then and there made my stomach drop and I felt as if I were about to vomit. 

"You should have just waited for the authorities to have done something. What if he had shot you when you pulled his mask off? What if still took you with him, think how furious he would have been, he could have killed you."

She narrowed her eyes even more, crossing her arms. 

"The cops couldn't have done anything without possibly hitting us, they wouldn't have done that. If I hadn't ripped that guys mask off, I'd probably be in a van going God knows where."

She turned around and started walking away. I grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving. At this point some of the reporters that were there for the robbery started eyeing us, I didn't care. 

"That was reckless and you know it."

She turned around trying to pry my hand from her arm.

"What I do is no concern of you, Mr. Xavier, I am free to do whatever I chose to do. If I chose to put my life at risk than so be it. Stop telling me what i can and Can not do." She practically spat.

At this point the cameras were on us and the crowd was starting to gather toward the two of us. I didn't even register the fact that she had called me "Mr." again.

"Alexandria, I'm looking out for your safety."

"NO, you're trying to control what I do and don't do. I can take care of myself."

"What about Delilah? What would she have done if something had happened to you?"

"If something had happened to me? I got myself away from them? What would she have done if I had done nothing and been taken with them?"

"......" I didn't know what to say, she was furious. Too bad I was equally as furious and just as stubborn.

She suddenly yanked her arm causing me to stumble forward a bit and loosen my grip. She took the opportunity to free herself.

"I'm going home." She started walking away and I followed, the crowd parted around us.

"Let me give you a ride."

"No I believe I can walk just fine, or will that be putting myself in danger as well?"

She dipped into the crowd and I lost sight of her in the sea of people. Suddenly like a storm the questions came flying left and right. Camera's were going off and news reporters were shoving microphones into my face.

"Who was that?"

"William, Was that the girl we've seen you with previously?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Xavier, Are you two engaged?"

"Is she pregnant?"

"Mr.Xavier, Is your relationship with her now over?"