Chapter 19 I don't know a Mr. Asher

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 NEW CHAPTER OF ADOPTED!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

I'm so sorry it's taken so long, I have been SOOOOO busy this month! But it's finally here! So I'll shut up and let ya read! :)

Sorry it's short.
~Jordan
~~~~~~~~~~***********~~~~~~~~~~~~~*************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************~~~~~~~~~*************~~~~~~~~~~~*************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************~~~~~~~~~~~~~*************~~~~~~~~~*

~Liam's POV~

I sat on the edge of Anna's hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up. Angie sat in the corner of the room curled up with Louis next to her trying to comfort her. Niall, Harry, and even Zayn and Perrie sat in random spots around the room. I heard a groan come from the bed in front of me and lifted my head to see Anna's eyes flutter open. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Angelica shuffle to her feet but my eyes were focused on Anna.

"W-wha-what happened?" Anna croaked out, her voice dry and tired. "Wh-where am I?"

"You're in the hospital Anna. You were hurt." I stated calmly, standing up and moving to the seat next to her bed. She looked confused for a minute before realization flashed across her face and she looked down to her stomach.

"W-Why doesn't it h-hurt though?" She asked slowly.

"Because you weren't shot." Angelica stated standing next to the bed on the other side.

"Y-Yes I was! I remember. Y-your dad was there and h-he tried to shoot you! But I-I grabbed the gun right as he was about to shoot and got hit in my stomach." Anna stuttered out confused. I looked up at Angie, knowing she could probably explain better then I could.

"It's called a trauma shot Anna. You weren't actually shot, well, not completely, the bullet missed you but still cut open your side slightly. The pain you felt was your side, not your stomach. With everything that was happening, you were panicking and your brain made you see and feel things that weren't actually there.. All that blood that you saw that you thought was coming out of your stomach was actually coming out of my dads leg, one shot grazed you, one hit his leg, and the last one went through the floor. After everything settled your brain shut down causing you to faint to keep you from harming yourself further or having a bigger freak out." Angelica explained to her.

She had explained it all to us as well while Anna was out. She said she knew from experience that for a couple hours the brain will continue to make you think you're more injured then you really are till your actual injure is mostly healed. In Annas case she'll probably think that she was shot in the stomach for a day or two, even though the evidence says otherwise.

"N-No, that can't be right! I remember. H-He was dead, and I-I was shot in the stomach." Anna stammered out. I shook my head and took her hand.

"Anna calm down... I know it's confusing but it's true, look at your stomach, there's nothing there, no shot wound no bruise, no nothing." I said calmly and lightly placed my hand on her stomach, she tensed as if waiting for pain to come but relaxed when she didn't feel anything. Anna forwned but didn't say anything more.

"Hey Liam?" Angelica asked quietly walking up to me, I looked up at her and nodded for her to continue. "Can I talk to Anna alone for a bit?" She asked and looked around at the others in the room.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Of course." I stood up and kissed Anna's forhead real quick. "we're gonna go grab some food, we'll be back." I said before grabbing the others and ushering them out of the room to leave them alone.