Chapter 4 Lou Said No Touching.

[AN: It’s Bekah with another update! I wrote this entire thing in my journal when I was supposed to be working. I like it so I hope you do too! I always have trouble writing in the boys’ POVs.]

[ANNABELLE’S POV]

“Well, what do we do now?” I asked sitting back down on the couch. Angelica was next to me ignoring me as she listened to her iPod. She was mouthing the words to the song she was currently playing, which made me smile. I liked these unguarded moments of hers.

“Is it really our problem?” Zayn asked raising an eyebrow. I shot him a dark look. I loved Zayn, but I also knew he hated messy emotional stuff. Adopting Angelica just screamed messy emotional stuff.

“Try asking that question again if you value your hair,” I threatened. He stared me down not at all scared by the threat in my voice. Zayn has never been scared of me. Most likely because he knew I wouldn’t follow through on any threat. The few times I tried to exact my revenge on one of the lads Liam had stepped in to stop me. I was more into hugs and such anyway. “Zayn please? We need to get Angelica all moved in here.”

“Still not my problem,” he quickly shot back. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Real mature Belle,” Niall chuckled. “If Lou is so busy right now then you can just ask Liam to help out. He’s awesome at all that kind of organizing stuff.”

“B-but,” I sputtered, “Li went to his room.” Lame, I know. I just wasn’t ready to face him right now. He was probably upset with me for helping out Louis with this whole adoption plan. He had seemed pretty mad when he marched off to his room.

“You know where the door to his room is,” Niall winked. I groaned loudly before shooting him a dirty look. Niall was the only other person who knew about my little crush on Liam. He had seen my apparently not very sneaky glances at Liam and came to the conclusion himself. Around a month ago he had cornered me by our shared fence and squeezed a confession out of me. Literally. Those Horan hugs should be classified as dangerous weapons.

“I think he wants to be left alone Niall,” I said shakily not looking him in the eyes. “He seemed pretty angry at the whole situation.”

“Liam is never mad at you for very long. Just go and talk to him. He’s probably sitting in there waiting for you to come after him.” I rolled my eyes as I stood up from the couch headed for the stairs. Niall was under this mistaken impression that Liam had the same feelings for me as I had for him. I told Niall time and time again that it was just wishful thinking on his part. Liam saw me only as his friend and treated me as such no matter how much I wished otherwise.

“I’ll come with you,” a soft voice said behind me. I whirled around to see Angelica standing behind me. When had she taken off her iPod? “If he’s angry you really shouldn’t go talk to him alone.” Her eyes radiated fear and a shaky sense of bravery. Did she honestly think Liam would get angry enough that he might physically hurt me? I never had managed to get a full background story about her from that awful Mrs. Post. I had just been so intent on bringing her home and away from that wretched place.

“Liam’s a big teddy bear, I promise,” I said gently touching her arm. “No need to worry about my safety okay?” Wait. If she was worried about an angry Liam would she be comfortable with the other boys? Maybe she was following me so she wouldn’t be left alone with the other lads. I leaned down to whisper in her ear. “Are you scared to be alone with the boys?”

“Not Niall,” she admitted in a whisper back to me. “He’s about as ferocious as a baby penguin.” I laughed as I realized she was right. Something about Niall just radiated innocence. “But that other guy—Zen?”