kinda high!frank roleplay

([A/N] this is another roleplay i did awhile ago with the amazing person it is dedicated to. she wrote Frank's parts, I did Gerard's. it's just over 5,000 words. we didn't finish it, just like the teacher/student one. the smut gets cut off really early, like, it's basically just a few hickeys and then we never revisited it. sorry! enjoi xoxo)

Frank knew he shouldn't have tried to get high so close to when Gerard was coming over, but after he had popped the first pill to take a bit of the edge off, a few more followed. In all honesty, he had forgotten about it the moment the tablet had passed his mouth, and he wasn't ready for Gerard's arrival when he opened the door, not bothering to knock after knowing each other for so long. Frank was sprawled out on the floor in the main room, staring up at the ceiling with dilated pupils and startling a bit when the other walked in. He hoped fruitlessly that he didn't look as high as he was, and didn't expect it to work, though waved and tried to play it cool. "Hey, Gee," He waved again, ignorant to the slight change his voice had taken on, the words a little bit lighter, a little bit happier than normal.

Gerard shot Frank a stiff wave, before taking off his shoes with the toe of each foot. He walked over to where Frank was. A weird look made it's way onto his face. "Hey, Frankie," He said, a bit hesitantly. He sat next to him, and crossed his legs. "What are you doing on the floor?"

He tried thinking for a moment, wanting to come up with something believable, but his mind was slow and blank. He hummed quietly, looking at him. "I'm. Just laying down," He replied, blinking a little to regulate his eyesight.

Gerard took a moment, before nodding slowly. He hummed back, pursing his lips. "Is it fun, or somethin'?" He asked, moving a hand to grasp his ankle, pushing it further under the opposite leg.

He nodded, letting out a soft sigh. "It's cold. And nice," He replied, bringing his arms up to rest his head on.

Gerard hummed once more, shifting a bit to get a better view of Frank's face. "Hey, Frankie, you wanna look at me real quick?" He asked, not bending down himself.

Frank nodded again and turned to look at him, though kept his face downward a little bit, the sober part of his brain telling him to do so for a reason he could not remember.

Gerard bent down this time, getting a good look. He stared deep into Frank's eyes, before leaning away. He sighed a little. "What are we gonna do now that I've discovered you're under the influence?"

Frank furrowed his eyebrows, before shaking his head a little. "I'm- I'm not. And, we just do what we normally do. Just. Talking and other stuff,"

Gerard sighed again. "Just tell me the truth, Frank. I already kinda noticed something was up when I walked in on you just chilling on the floor," He couldn't help but smile a little at the sentence, but it disappeared after a second or two.

He shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "Wanted to, uh. Take the edge off. Took more than I meant,"

Gerard nodded. He thought he understood. "Alright. You know I could have taken the edge off for you, right? I'm some sort of cure for you, I think," He said, before adding on to it. "I mean that if we hang out, you don't need to. Do that,"

Frank nodded a little, eyes focussed up on Gerard's face. "'Cause you're sweet, you know. And a talker. And distracting. So, it works a bit, a lot, whatever. Just wanted it, though,"

Gerard pressed his lips together, nodding. He shut his eyes for a moment, before looking at Frank. "Thanks. I'm glad I'm here when I can be. I just wish you didn't want this kinda fix,"

Frank nodded, but pouted lightly. "It feels good, though. It feels great," He replied. "And why's it bad?"

Gerard bit his lip, shaking his head. "It's not bad if it's like, not often. How much do you do this?" He said, not wanting to give Frank a health lesson.