Coworkers Aren't All That Bad - Frerard

***smut***

Gerard’s boss and coworkers always saw him with a cup of coffee in his hands. However, coffee wasn’t the only thing Gerard was addicted to.

Each morning, before he did anything else, he’d go to the staff lounge, and turn the coffee maker on. He’d place his favourite mug in the machine (it was one of the work mugs, it just had a chip on the handle), and wait for it to fill up. During the wait, his office neighbour always came into the lounge. Always.

He’d never miss a day, this guy. He would come in the lounge almost immediately after Gerard had placed his cup to be filled, give or take a few seconds. Not that Gerard was complaining; no, not at all. But he could never play it cool. He would blush, and scurry out of the way so his coworker could grab his own mug. He would blush even more when he would actually turn to try and hide the scarlet colour, pretending to be doing something totally important. Playing with the ends of his dead hair was not important, though. When the coffee machine finally decided to let the last drop fall, Gerard would swipe up his coffee, and get out of there without a second thought.

The guy’s name was Frank, and Gerard would be lying if he said that he didn’t have the biggest crush on him ever. Gerard was a grown man, and he had some stupid crush on his coworker. He was fully aware of the fact, too. He couldn’t help it.

He’d find himself sitting at his desk, thinking about Frank cuddling him, and running his calloused fingers over his belly. He’d seen the callouses on Frank’s fingers one day, when he had taken some files from off of the table in the lounge, rough and evident. He hadn’t missed any of the tattoos, either.

Some of Gerard’s thoughts were a bit more dirty, though. He’d occasionally let his mind drift to Frank bending him over the desk, pulling on black strands of hair as he rammed in and out of the older male. Gerard would often cross his legs tight, and press a fragile hand to his crotch at the thoughts.

He’d see Frank wherever he went in the office building; he had even bumped into him in the bathroom once, and if that wasn’t awkward, what was? It was awkward for Gerard, at least. He swore Frank winked at him before he pushed his way out the bathroom door, but it may have been his overactive imagination feeding him false- and cruel- information.

Or, in the elevator to go up to his floor, Frank always managed to catch the door before it closed. He’d mutter a quick ‘sorry’, squeezing inside the tight space, shoulder pressed snugly to Gerard’s, if he could.

Somedays, he would catch Gerard alone in the elevator, and the tension between the two would be completely insane, but Gerard’s never been sure of what kind of tension it was. He’d always hop out of the elevator when the doors opened, not a single second to spare, too late to think over the air that Frank and him had shared moments before.

One day, when Gerard was doing some computer work- and not distracted with doodling random cartoon characters- there was a knock at his office door. “Come in,” Gerard said, voice raised so it could be heard past the heavy material of the door. He heard the frame click open, before securely clicking back into place. “Boss wants you to have these,”

Gerard’s head whipped up at the voice, his fingers stalling on the keys of his computer. His eyes met Frank’s, and he couldn’t speak for a good few seconds. Frank shot him a smile, placing the folder he was holding on Gerard’s desk.

Gerard’s mouth was open, and he was sure he looked like an idiot, so he closed it. “Uhm, yeah, sure, thanks,” he said quickly, turning back to his computer. He couldn’t even look at Frank for too long without getting nervous, or thinking thoughts that were not pure in the slightest.