Confessions - Jalex

***possible trigger, for mentions of abusive families***

***Jacks POV***

I can't handle this anymore.

I cover my ears, in an attempt to block out the screaming and crashing in the kitchen, coming from my parents. They're fighting again. Well, what's new? They always fight. My dad is constantly hitting my mom, and I don't understand why we can't just leave him. My mom and I, we could just run away. She always says no, whenever I ask her. I guess she really does love him. But how can you be in love with someone who treats you so foul? I hope I never know.

I can't stand listening to my moms cries of pain. I rush over to my window, and open it, feeling the cool summer breeze wash over me. Refreshing. I climb out, and onto the roof, before shutting the window securely closed. I slide down the torn shingles, until I reach the side of the house. I jump down, and land on my feet, losing balance slightly. I regain it, and rub my thigh. That kind of hurt, but it was only a 10 feet drop. I hop the fence in our front yard, and run to the local park. I pull my phone out of my back pocket, and text my best friend, Alex, when I get there.

'To: Alex

Meet me at the park. Please, I need you right now.'

I wait for a little bit, until my phone vibrates. I receive a text from Alex.

'From: Alex

Sure thing. Be there soon. Stay safe until I get there."

I don't respond, instead, I simply crawl into the tube slide, and wait for Alex to arrive.

I write my feelings down in the Notes app on my phone, until I hear footsteps crunching on the wood chips of the park ground. "Lex?" I call. "Yep. Where are you?" Alex asks.

"I'm in the slide." I respond, locking my phone. I stare at the opening of the slide, and see Alex's head pop into view. He smiles. "Hi." He says. "Hi." I say back, and move over a little, so he can squeeze in with me. He sits down next to me, and I cuddle into his side, resting my head on his shoulder. "Wanna talk about it?" Alex asks. I shake my head. "It's just the usual, y'know? Screaming, dishes breaking, etcetera, etcetera..." I mumble.

"Things will get better. I'm here, and I always will be." Alex says. I nod. "I know."

We sit there in a peaceful silence for, if I had to guess, a half hour, until Alex speaks up. "Jack? You awake?"

I decide not to answer. Maybe he'll leave. Lets see who actually cares about me. "Jack?" He whispers, and nudges my side. I don't show any signs that I'm awake, and then he sighs. "I have a confession to make." He mutters.

Confession? I stay silent, hoping he will go on. "This is so stupid, talking to you while you sleep, but I searched up ways to tell someone that you l-" Alex chokes a little on the last word, and I hear him sob. "That you're in love with them, without having to see their expression."

My heart beat speeds up. What? "Maybe you're collecting this information in a dream, or, I don't really know. But, I hope that somehow, you can be listening to this... Uhm," Alex trails off.

"Jack, we met 6 years ago. We became best friends, and, well, there was no denying that I liked you. And, now, well, actually, a couple years ago, I started really liking you.. And, just.." Alex says. "Well, last year, I fell in love with you." Alex says.

I guess that's what he's confessing. I stayed silent. I didn't want him to know I heard. I didn't share the same feelings. Well, I don't think I do. Do I? I don't know. Alex is attractive, yes. There is no denying that. But love him? I don't. How could I not see that he does from the way he looks at me? I just always thought no one could ever love me.

"Just, there. I needed to tell you somehow. I'm fucking in love with you, and it pains me to know that I can't have you. I just can't. You're perfect, and, well, I'm me. There's nothing great about me. I'm just Alex." He sobs quietly. I open my eyes a little, just to see him looking down, crying. I open my eyes fully, and push myself up, so that I'm sitting up straight, he looks at me, and his eyes go wide. "Ja-"

He is cut off by me straddling his hips in the small space. He looks at me, almost like he is scared. "Jack, what're you doing?" He asks. "Ssh... Just let me try something." I whisper.

I put a finger under his chin, and make him look at me. I bring my lips closer to his, and ghost them together. Alex is breathing heavily. "Calm down." I tell him. "I-I can't." Alex says, and I take both of his hands in mine, placing them behind my neck. "Yeah, just like that, okay?" I tell him. He nods.

I push my lips forward, and connect ours in a passionate kiss. Alex seems like he is frozen, but after a few short moments, kisses back with much force. I slide my tongue into his mouth, and we kiss for what feels like hours, taking small breaths every once in a while.

It started to get more heated, as I slide my hands under his shirt, fingers tracing his soft skin. Alex pushes me away. I pout, and kiss him more. "Stop." Alex mumbles between kisses. I stop. "Why?" I ask. "Don't like it?"

"N-No, of course I do." Alex says. "I just don't know how you feel about me, and I'd like to know."

I nod. "Well, uh, I just realized how attractive you are, and with that speech and all, it just kind of hit me. I really like you, Lexi, and I would love for you to be mine." I say, and kiss him before he has a chance to respond. I already know the answer, anyways. He nods against my lips.

After a couple seconds, he pushes away, breathing heavily. He smirks. "I love you." He says. I smile.

"I'm starting to." I confess, and kiss him once more.