Chapter 8

Maya POV

It was pretty late but the second I climbed in, the light turned on and Riley was sitting next to me on the bay window with a big smile on her face.

"I knew you would forgive me Maya!" She says, still smiling. "You wanna know why Maya?"

"Why." I can't help but smile. 

"Because we have ring power!" She holds up her hand. I hold mine up too. "YAY!" She says.

"Hey Maya." I look at the door and see that Mr. and Mrs. Matthews had walked in. "Over so late?"

"Uh, yeah.." I say wondering how much Riley had told them. I look over at Riley and she shakes her head, meaning she didn't tell them anything.

"Um.. I better go..." I fake smile at the Matthews and climb back down. I walk to my house and lay down on my bed. Life is so fricking complicated.

The next day, I walk over to the Matthews for breakfast. Riley gives me an extra long buzz. Again. For the second time this week. As I walked up to their apartment I wondered what was the reason. I open their door and walk in. 

"What was with the extra buzz?" I ask.

"Happy news!!" Riley squeals.

"What news?" This could be anything from, a puppy to a ladybug landing on her hand.

"BAY WINDOW!!!" She squeals even louder if that's even possible. I walk to her room and sit down next to Riley.

"Lucas asked me on another date!!!" Riley squeals. Well. I guess he really meant what he said at the park. For Riley's sake I smile and pretend to be happy for her.

"That's so great!" I smile. She studies me for a minute.

"So your not mad? Or um... annoyed or..?"

"No of course not!" I lie. "We just were following the moment.. we don't really like each other like that at all."

"Oh ok good." She looks relieved. "Oh and you are coming to double date. Maybe with Farkle?" Riley winks. I groan.

"Not ever again." I laugh. Then I stop and get an idea. "But is it ok if i bring a different guy? I met this guy at... somewhere and he's really cool. His name is Bradley."

"Oooohhhh Maya has a crush!" Riley sings. I roll my eyes.

"No I do not. I only met him once."

"Well bring him. I want to meet him." 

"Ok." I smile. "I better go and ask him. I said I would meet him."

"Ok see you tonight at 5!" I nod and climb out the window. I walk towards the building. Hopefully I could find him on time.

Riley POV

I was glad to hear Maya and Lucas didn't have anything between them. When she talked about this Bradley guy, I could see she really liked him. I text Lucas.

R: hey
L: hey, so excited for tonite!
R: me too! I hope you dont mind, Maya is going to come too.
L: cool idc
R: shes going to bring this guy Bradley. i think she really likes him (:

Lucas takes a while to answer.

L: oh ok cool.

I frown and put my phone down. I tell myself not to worry. Lucas was probably just worried that Bradley might hurt Maya. I put my phone away and look through my clothes to see what I should wear. We were going to a movie and then probably the fair so I decide on a light pink halter top and high wasted jeans. I look at the clock and its only 2 so I watch some tv.

Maia POV

When I get to the room, I see Bradley sitting on the bed reading something.

"Hey." He jumps and puts whatever he's reading under the mattress. 

"Hey Maya." He smiles.

"So. Um my friend uh Riley.."

"The plus side." He smiles. He has a cute smile. I push that thought out of my mind.

"Uh yeah. Well her and this guy Lucas are going out tonight, and I would rather not third wheel so I was thinking maybe if you wanted to come with?"

"Like a date?" He asks.

"Call it whatever you want to." I smile.

"Sure." He grins. I look at my phone and see its 2:30. 

"Its actually at 5 so I better go to get ready and stuff." I give Bradley Riley's address and walk to Riley's. At least Bradley would be there to distract me from Lucas and Riley. I sigh and look through my stuff I have at Riley's. It was going to be a loooong night.

...............................................................................................................

hey loves!

so i changed the guys name from jack to bradley for reasons. hope you enjoyed! vote and comment ilyasm baiii :*