Chapter 15

Lucas POV

It's been a few days since I saw Maya that day at Riley's. I couldn't bring myself to see her when she didn't remember me. I am on the subway debating whether or not to go see her when someone sits next to me.

"Hey Lucas. Why do we always run into each other?" 

"Hey Ashley." I manage a tiny smile.

"I'm guessing your...friend still doesn't remember you?" She hesitates on the word friend. 

"Yeah. I'm going to see her right now." I decide quickly.

"Oh.. cool." She says. "Sooo... want to hang out sometime? I mean it doesn't have to be today, but...?"

"I guess." I say. I could use a little distraction from Maya, although I promise myself I will visit Maya more often.

"Cool, can I have your number?" I frown a little but give it to her. This isn't going to be a relationship, I say to myself. Maya will always come first.

"I'll text you!" She calls as I get off at the next stop. I walk to Riley's and go in through the window. Riley is sitting there next to Maya. They were talking but they stop when I come in.

"Does everyone come through the window?" Maya asks.

"Pretty much." Riley replies. She smiles at me. "Hey Lucas."

"Hey Riles." I say. I look at Maya. "Hey Maya." The corners of her mouth turn up a bit, but then they go back down.

"So.. uh you remember anything?" I ask trying to lighten the mood.

"No." She looks even more deflated. It hurt to see her so upset. I put my arm around her.

"I'm sure you'll remember something soon." I say, trying to sound reassuring. I stay for a little while longer before going back home. I'm sitting at my desk when I remember something that could help. I text Riley.

L: hey do you know where mayas sketch book is?

R: no she keeps it hidden.

L:do you know anyone who might know?

R: no but ill go to her house tmrw to look for it.

L: ok. 

I stay up a little while longer and then drift off to bed. 

...............next...........day..............

I wake up and remember what happened yesterday. I sit up quickly and go to Bradley's house. I bet he would know. I walk up their huge driveway and knock on the door. The maid lets me in and I go up the stairs to what I hope is Bradley's room. I knock on a door and luckily he answers.

"Oh hey Lucas.." He says surprised.

"Wheres Maya's sketchbook?" I ask, getting right to the point.

"I have no idea." He says. I can tell he is telling the truth.

"Well do you know anywhere she liked going besides the park?" I ask urgently. He sighs.

"Follow me."

.............................................................................................

hey lovies!

back again with (hopefully) a less suckish chapter! I cant type for too long at a time or my head starts to fry so today is a shorter one... hope you all like it!

*sidenote: please keep hate, or rude comments to yourself otherwise please dont read my book.*

ilyasm stick around for more! ;*

OK ALSO LETS TALK ABOUT GIRL MEETS NEW YEAR. LIKE BRUDDA JOSH IS CUTE AND ALL BUT LUCAYA ALL THE WAY. AND APPARENTLY SHE USES HIM TO MAKE JOSH JELLY AND A RUMOR IS THAT THEY KISS AND MAYA LIKES IT LIKE WOOAAAHH.

ok bye for real