Chapter 22

Maya POV

It wasn't hard getting out of my apartment at 10 because my mom wasn't going to be home until at least 2. I walk over to my favorite bench and  wait. Soon I hear footsteps behind me.

"Hey pretty..." I stiffen. It wasn't Lucas.

"Go away." I say hoping to sound menacing. The person behind me chuckles.

"Why would I...with such a treat sitting right here..." He feels my hair. I pull away. "Now now honey, don't get fierce with me.." He laughs and pulls me back onto the bench. I was about to pull out the pepper spray I keep in my bag when I hear Lucas say,

"Let go of her." The man laughs. 

"What if I don't? You're like what? Twelve? Thirteen?" Lucas Ignores him.

"Maya, are you okay?" He starts to come over to me but the man stops him.

"Oh no, I am sorry but I can't let you come near my catch here." He twirls my hair with his fingers. Lucas takes another step forwards and the man jumps forward and punches him in the face. I scream but Lucas is already up, hitting him. The man runs off after a few seconds.

"I'll be back." He calls over his shoulder. "And this time your boyfriend won't save you." I run over to Lucas.

"Are you okay?" His nose is bleeding.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." He says wiping the blood off his face.

"No you aren't." I grab his hand and pull him towards my apartment. "Lets clean you up."

Later in my apartment Lucas asks.

"Do you know him?"

"No." I reply.

"Does it happen a lot?"

"Only when I'm out really late." I use a paper towel to wipe the blood off of his nose.

"Well he said he'd be back are you sure you will be okay?" He looks concerned.

"Yes, cowboy I'm going to be fine." I laugh it off but it does bother me. He looks doubtful but doesn't push.

"Uh, thanks." He says when I finished cleaning out the blood and cuts on his face.

"No problem." I smile and start walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He stands up quickly and catches up to me.

"Um to get my diary, duh." I push past him and keep walking.

"Seriously? After what happened tonight?" 

"I have to. I need it before Josh reads it."

"Would you tell me why Josh would read it? Please, I want to know why we are parading around at 11pm to find your diary."

"Josh and I had a, uh, little argument in which he would kill to get his hands on all my secrets and now he can because you have my diary." I say this all while walking fast towards NYU, taking the lit up route with a lot of people around that knew me.

"Okay but can we please look tomorrow?" He asks following me.

"Why would we do that if we already walked all the way here?" I smile at how shocked he looks that we already got here and push open the doors. Time to find my diary.

After a long period of time, I finally find Josh's room. 

"What if hes in there?" Lucas whispers.

"He won't be there's a huge party and I know he wouldn't miss it." I quickly pick the lock and walk inside. "Come on help me look around."

After a while of looking we finally find it lodged in between the bookshelf and the wall. 

"Why are you in my room?" I hear Josh from the doorway.

"Busted." Lucas mutters under his breath.

"Diary." I say. He looks behind me and sees Lucas and his eyes narrow. "Well this was fun, but we gotta go." I grab Lucas' hand and walk out the door but Josh blocks me.

"Whats he doing here." He glares at Lucas.

"I needed an accomplice." 

"Why don't we tell Lucas why we argued the other day." Josh smirks.

"Josh." I say warningly.

"Maya?" Lucas looks confused. "Whats going on?"

"I will never speak to you again, I swear to god." I look dead into Josh's eyes.

"Well Lucas, we certainly have a lot to talk about." He smiles. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey lovies!

How was your breaks so far? 

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I tried to make it long but I like leaving you guys on cliffhangers haha

comment and vote and ilyasm

LOVE ALWAYS,

xoxo

meee