Chapter 32

Maya POV

"Maybe dinner wasn't the BEST idea..." Zay says, back in the apartment.

"You think?" I sigh. Lucas is sitting next to me on Farkle's bed, his arm around me.

"Well none of us died so I say it was a success." Farkle says. I had taken off the makeup and dress and was now comfortable wearing leggings and Lucas's hoodie.

"You know what we need?" Riley stands up, chipper as usual.

"We do not need a shopping trip, a makeover, or books, or learning of any kind." I list everything I know Riley would say. She sits down, disappointed.

"Can we please talk about what happened at the restaurant?" Lucas asks.

"What exactly happened?" Zay asks. 

"While you were busy stuffing your face with gourmet spaghetti, Ashley claims she isn't "A"." I say.

"Then who is it?" He says it like I knew. I stand up, annoyed. 

"If I knew don't you think I would be at her house already beating the crap out of her with a baseball bat?" I grab his shirt in my hand. Lucas comes over and quickly pulls my hand away.

"Why don't we all just go to sleep. We can think about it in the morning." He says sensibly.  Farkle starts to give people room numbers. He had people build us rooms that would make us most comfortable based on our personalities. What it would be like to have money... 

All of the rooms were in the same hallway. Mine connected to Riley's, and she was pleased to see a bay window in her room. Before we go to bed, we sit.

"This is the nicest pair of pajamas I have ever owned." Riley smiles. She's wearing a lacy pink nightgown that screamed Riley.

"They're nice." I feel the silky fabric of the lacy black tank top I had been given. It was flowey and matched with the black shorts. The shorts were a little short but I didn't really notice.

"So you and Lucas now?" Riley touches the subject I don't want to talk about with her.

"Yeah." I smile in spite of the awkwardness.

"Cool..." She trails off and for once, we have nothing to say.

"I-uh, better get to bed." I stand up and quickly walk into my room. The walls are light green and instead of a window there is a sliding door that leads to a balcony that overlooks the city. There are pink curtains which I immediately take down, and a huge king sized bed with a bunch of pillows. I don't know why Farkle thought the pink would be ideal for me but there is some cool stuff in the room. Next to a few black and white pictures on the wall, there is a huge flat screen TV. There's a remote on my nightstand so I kick off my slippers and jump onto the bed. Next to the remote is a list of some channels that Farkle probably thought I would like. As I flip through I can't help but wonder what Ashley says but my thoughts are interrupted by Lucas.

"Hey..." He knocks on the door frame. He looks incredibly attractive in a black  T-shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Hey." I smile. Trust Lucas to be able to make me smile at a time like this. "What's up."

"Just want to say goodnight.." He runs a hand through his hair. Suddenly I don't want to sleep by myself.

"Wait!" I call as he walks back out the door. He comes back.

"What?" He asks. I feel a little kid-ish asking but here goes.

"Can I sleep with you tonight? I don't really feel like...you know..." I trail off realizing this is a bad idea. I bet my face is already turning red but Lucas smiles.

"Yeah sure." I smile again and get out of bed. Lucas holds my hand as we walk down the hall. His room is all baseball themed. There are Yankees posters, sheets, and even signed balls by Derek Jeter.

"Wow some room." I comment. He shrugs and pats the place on the bed next to him. I hop in and he turns off the lights. I turn onto my side, my head tucked perfectly under Lucas's chin, his arms around my waist. He kisses my forehead and soon I can hear him snoring softly. I know I shouldn't be this happy, you know since my life was basically threatened by someone we don't know, but for the first time in a while, I feel at peace.

Finally. Here with Lucas? Safe with all of my friends?

Perfect.

***

Well that's a wrap!

Over

Done

COMPLETE!

Don't worry guys, a new sequel is on the way....shhh