02 | Baby Derek

Chapter Two

"Wow." Deaton muttered as we placed Derek on the table.

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do" kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." Stiles rambled on.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton stated.

"Well, considering that at one point the three of us thought you were 'The Alpha', that's not overestimating." I blurted.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at me.

"He's cold. Really cold," Lydia pointed out, holding Baby Derek's hand.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked, as Deaton inspected Derek.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience." Deaton admitted.

"So, what do we do with him.." Stiles commented.

"Until he wakes up, probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Deaton continued.

"You mean from Kate," I chimed in.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." he confessed.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia added.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't benefit anyone but herself," I snickered, staring down at baby Derek.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger, so maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton declared.

"Someone should stay with you," Scott affirmed.

"I'll stay. My grades are fine, despite missing a few classes." Lydia spoke up,

"Great, because I think we could all use some rest." I nodded, heading out the door.

"I'm so not okay with this." Stiles chimed in, causing me to pause in my place and turn around.

"Guys, go." Lydia asserted.

"No."

"Stiles, come on." I grabbed Stiles' arm."Text us if anything happens okay Lydia?"

After receiving a nod from Lydia, I pulled Stiles out of the room.

"Nope, still not okay with it. Not going anywhere- alright just don't rip my shirt." Stiles gave in, leaving the clinic with us.

Apparently Baby Derek didn't sleep like a baby.

After being excused from my Algebra lesson by Stiles and Scott, we raced back to the animal clinic.

"I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too." Deaton explained.

"He didn't recognize either of us, and he looked like he was scared out of his mind." Lydia concluded.

"Well if I woke up on a metal table with two strangers standing over me, I'd be pretty freaked out too." I admitted,

Everyone turned to me.

"Right- not helping." I finished.

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles questioned.