13 | Nice Girl

Chapter Thirteen

My day of relaxation at home continued as I fell asleep on the couch binging episodes of 'Friends.'

Falling asleep wasn't the bad thing. Having nightmares about people you know...that's the bad thing.

"You're worth 5 million dead, Parrish. Sounds like you've got the problem." Deputy Haigh spat, as he finished pouring gasoline all over Parrish and his police-car.

"Please.." Parrish breathed, as Deputy Haigh started backing away, "Please don't do this! You're just gonna stand there? You're just gonna listen to a fellow Deputy burn to death?"

Haigh placed earbuds in each ear while Parrish continued squirming, frantically trying to get out of the car.

"Haigh wait.." Parrish pleaded, as Haigh held the lighter up before tossing it in the car. "Wait!" he continued screaming as he and his car ignited in flames.

I shot upright on the couch, holding my head with my hand as my phone rang. "Scott?" I groaned.

"Wh- Liz, yeah are you okay?" Scott asked through the phone,

"Uhm-" I ran a hand through my hair, "Yeah, what's up..."

"You sure you're okay? We've been trying to reach you for like, an hour.." he questioned.

"Yeah- I was just asleep." I admitted.

"Alright, well, meet us at Derek's apartment...something happened with Parrish." Scott claimed, causing my heart-rate to rise.

"Okay- okay...yeah. I'll meet you there." I confirmed, hanging up. I slowly sat up on the couch, jumping when I heard our printer make a noise.

I slowly walked out of the living room, over to the printer in the study, assuming that Aunt Carol printed something earlier, and it just never went through. That was, until it began shooting out papers non-stop, all of them falling to the floor.

"What the hell..." I muttered, trying to turn off the printer. When pounding the button repeatedly wouldn't work, I reached behind the desk, unplugging it.

I sighed as I went to pick up all the papers, until I froze in my place.

It was a revised version of the dead pool.

The people that were already killed, were crossed off of the list. Leaving Lydia, Scott, and my own name completely visible. I dropped all of the papers, quickly slipping on some shoes before grabbing just one copy of the dead pool, racing out of the house.

"I'm here!" I announced, as I entered Derek's apartment, gaining everyone's attention. "What? I can't be late to a secret meeting that had no specified start time?"

I began walking over to the group with a copy of the dead pool crumpled in my hand.

Derek grabbed Parrish's arms, inspecting them.

They were perfectly clean.

"What cha got there?" Scott asked, referring to the ball of paper in my hand.

I handed it to him, whispering in response. "They flew out of our printer this morning, and literally wouldn't stop. I had to unplug the printer in order to get it to stop."

Scott inspected the list with wide-eyes. "That's not even the creepiest part." I informed. "The printer wasn't even on.."

"You said he covered you in gasoline?" Derek rose his eyebrows talking to Parrish, causing Scott to shove the paper in his pocket.