Chapter 3

"KELLIN QUINN BOSTWICK! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" I heard my dad's chilling voice yell as soon as I turned the doorknob.

"I-I was with a f-friend at tutorial..." I lied.

Vic wasn't a friend and he surely wasn't smart enough to tutor me.

"Whatever. I know you're lying. Just get up in your room and finish your goddamn homework." He said calmly.

Luckily, I hadn't pissed him off enough for her m to punish me worse. I went up to my room and quickly finished my homework before picking out the next day's outfit.

My best jeans - black skinnies with tears along the knees, a red and black flannel, and a black t-shirt to wear underneath with my Harley Quinn converse to match.

Harley was my favorite character ever. And not only because her last name matches my middle name. I simply loved everything about her- the sass, the hair, the everything.

Speaking of Harley's hair, I planned to highlight my own with red tonight. I also planned to find a way to make Vic fall head over heels for me.
°

(The Next Day)

All eyes were on me as I walked toward my locker, looking cute as fuck with my new hair and great outfit. I was secretly listening to people making their comments about me amongst their friends when Vic came over.

"No." I simply said before he could say something stupid, although he did anyway.

"Wow, gorgeous. Gonna burn this place down with your hair too? I figured the fire would've simply started from your regular hotness but I'm digging the whole redhead thing. This is a whole other level, babe!" Vic said, failing to think of a good pickup line.

I sighed and locked my locker, starting to walk away.

"Okay, okay. I admit that was a pretty bad one. How about... Your eyes are as blue as-"

"The ocean?" I finished for him. "How cliché."

"I was gonna say Windex, but hey the ocean works too." He chuckled.

I couldn't help but blush at his idiotic self and apparently he couldn't stop himself from blushing either.

"Are you blushing?" I asked, giggling.

"What? No! I just got sunburnt 'cuz you're so smoking." He winked.

"Oh please, get rid of the pickup lines dude. You'd be doing better without them." I said.

"Ugh, whatever. Just let me take you on a date. We already made out, so what's the problem?" He asked.

"The problem is... I. Don't. Like. You." I replied then fake gasped. "Wow! What a shocker! I mean c'mon, you've gotta know when to back off."

"Oh, I know when to back off. It's just hard when you're so irresistible." He bit his lip and looked me up and down.

I'll admit it. He looked really good doing that. I was just about to give in, when I was saved by the bell.
°
I walked from Chemistry to lunch, reading all of the homecoming posters. I used to always dream about going to homecoming, but I never actually saw myself going with someone and that's why I won't go.

"I'll take you." A familiar voice said over my shoulder.

I turned around to see Mr. Fuentes there, waiting for me to answer to his request.

"Oh...uh I can't go." I lied.

"Why not?"

"I'm gonna be sick with the flu that day." I lied once again but horribly this time.

"Yeah, you'll be sick alright. Sick of trying to run away from me." He mumbled.

I scoffed and walked past him to my usual lonely spot in the corner of the lunch area. Peacefully, I ate my lunch- not having to deal with crazy short Mexican boys.
°