Chapter 10

Kellin's POV

Two days. It's been two days since I was kicked out. It's felt like two months. My shelter place is pretty hidden, and I haven't gone to school so nobody's really seen me. It's not like anyone would care anyways. Anyone except Vic, who I currently missed dearly. I wonder if he's looking for me. I wonder if he still loves me, even though he probably knows how much of a mistake I am by now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a stranger came up to me.

"What's a kid like you doing out here?" The young guy said. "I mean, I'm still a kid too, but why are you homeless?"

The guys had just a few tattoos, stretched ears, and dark hair that looked kinda emo-ish. He had tan skin and brown eyes; I'm pretty sure he was Mexican.

"My dad kicked me out for catching me on FaceTime with my boyfriend. He had already caught me once making out with him and he told me not to be around him anymore. He doesn't support my sexuality or Vic's race." I told the guy with a frown.

"Wait...Vic? Vic Fuentes?" I nodded. "I know this story. You're Kellin." He said.

"Wait, what? How do you know Vic?" I asked.

"He's my boyfriend's brother. I'm Tony." He replied with a smile. "Need a place to crash tonight?"

"Omigod. Yes, please. Also, do you have an iPhone 5 charger? I left the charger for my 6s at home." I asked after answering.

"Cool, and yeah. You can charge your weird rose gold phone in the car." He said with a small laugh, leading the way to his car.

°
"Vic, baby!" I yelled happily into the phone.

"Holy shit. You're alive! I was so worried. What's going on? Where are you? Do you need help?" He rambled.

"Babe, I'm fine. My dad kicked me out right after I hung up so I've been homeless for the past two days, but somehow Tony, Mike's boyfriend, found me and I'm crashing at his place tonight." I told him.

"Phew, okay. I'm just really glad to hear your voice. How about I come over Tony's after school and we can go sneak to your house to get your stuff?" He suggested.

"Okie dokie. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, love you!" I told him, feeling better already.

"Love you too, baby." He added before hanging up.

I laid down on the bed in the guest room that Tony allowed me to stay in. A few minutes later, the door was opened.

"Hey, so was his hand really all the way down your pants when you guys got caught?" He asked with a smirk.

My cheeks flushed with a pinkish color as my eyes widened.

"Vic told you that?!" I responded embarrassedly.

"Yep. He said you guys were about to get it in before your dad came in." He laughed.

"Omigod. This is incredibly embarrassing." I buried my face in my hands as an attempt to hide myself.

"Anyway, kid. Dinner's ready."
°

3:12

He should be here any moment. He said he'd come straight from school so...

I got up to use the bathroom when I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my things with a bright smile and headed towards the door to open it.

Vic's smile was wide and his eyes showed relied and maybe even something else.

"Hey, sweetheart." He said as he pulled me into a tight hug. I buried my face into his chest, not even bothering to greet him back.

"Let's go before your dad gets home." He suggested.

"Yeah, okay." I agreed.

We said goodbye to Tony and left to my house. Of course he questioned me in the car, though.

"Why didn't you just come to my house?" He asked.

"You know your dad doesn't like me, Vic." I said kind of sternly.

He looked a little sad about my statement. "I guess that makes sense."

When we arrived to my house, I checked to see if anyone was home. I grabbed our secret key from under the mat and unlocked the door. I made sure to keep it just in case I needed to break in anytime soon.

I went straight to my room sadly. The entire house smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. He had gone back to his old ways, I guess. I shoved all my stuff into two large suitcases, leaving the room completely empty. I needed some type of closure, so I said goodbye to the house.

Soon after, Vic and I headed to his house. When his dad saw me and my suitcases, you could see his eyes flash darkly.

"You're not moving in are you?" He asked with a slightly rude tone.

I swallowed nervously and responded. "Uh...no, sir. I just got kicked out of my house a few days ago and I stayed at Tony's last night. Vic just helped me get all my stuff from own house. I don't know where I'm gonna go yet." I said sadly. Each conversation about this reminded me of the situation I was in and it upset me.

"I know where you're going." Vic included himself. Both Mr. Fuentes and I turned to Vic with a confused look on our faces.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're staying right here. I'm not going to let you out on the streets, Kell. We might not have a guest room, but you can always stay with me, in my room." He said.

"Victor, there's no way in hell that is going to happen." His dad said.

"Yes it is, dad! And if you continue to disagree, I'll move both of us in with Auntie Rosa!" Vic yelled back.

I want to shrink into a tiny speck. This was my fault. I've broke up two families because I didn't break up with one person.

"C'mon, Kell." Vic said while grabbing my suitcases and leading the way upstairs.
°

Really crappy. ): but hey maybe Tony isn't as shy as everyone thought (((((; is he hiding something?

Also, after this book ends or maybe earlier, I'll be writing a book called Genocide. The summary is already up so go check that out. It's gonna be lit lol

Love,
Kellin